27 May 2005

Cauliflower and Cheese pies

I love these Cauliflower and Cheese Pies. I used to have one at the Bakery with a coffee when I went with hubby, but now I make my own lower fat versions. (Makes 4 pies) Just as nice, but I have to eat them at home.

Boil approx 1/2 a cauliflower in pieces till cooked (do not over-cook). Spray muffin tins with olive oil spray. Thaw out a sheet of low fat puff pastry. Each sheet makes 4 pies. May have to be rolled a bit thinner. Cut circles slightly larger than muffin tins and place in tins. Mix up a packet of Continental Four Cheeses Sauce Mix (where would I be without my Continental sauces?) as per directions on packet. If you like curry, add a little curry to the cheese sauce. (I also add black pepper) Pour cheese sauce over drained cauliflower. Place cauliflower mix in each of the pie bases. Fill them till they have a rounded top. Top with 1/2 tablespoon grated parmesan. Bake in 200 degree oven till pastry is cooked. Serve with a leafy salad.

Each pie is approximately 4 points (makes 4 muffin size pies)

1 comment:

Leighanne said...

Those pie's sound yum!
Will have o give them a try :)