Just a few tips on how I lost weight. I didn't have a week where I gained weight over the last six months, so I must have done something right!
1. I drink 1 1/2 to 2 litres of water each day (I squeeze a lemon into my jug of water each morning and make sure I finish the whole jug througout the day).
2. I eat a good healthy breakfast.
3. I eat little and often during the day but keep a record of what I eat so I don't overeat during one day.
4. I cut out butter. I don't even notice it on sandwiches and rolls if I have plenty of filling.
5. I check the kilojoules and saturated fat content on everything I eat. I cut right down on saturated fat.
6. I eat lots of fruit (even dried) and vegies.
7. I cut down on red meat. I substitute more vegies in casseroles and hamburgers and cut down on the meat content.
8. I eat fish two or three times a week.
9. I eat some nuts and multi-grain bread daily (I have cut out white bread from my diet).
10. I exercise for 20 minutes to half and hour on most days.
11. If I overeat one day, I don't worry I just exercise more and be careful what I eat for the next few days.
12. I still enjoy a glass or two of wine or spirits if I feel like it (most nights).
13. I haven't completely cut out foods or treats that I love cause it will only make cravings worse.
14. I eat air popped popcorn with a spray of olive oil and chicken seasoning sprinkled on instead of chips at night.