15 June 2005

Can't resist a bargain

I went to the supermarket today and while I was buying the "Slimming" Magazine I noticed that there was a free bag of "goodies" with the "Fresh" Magazine at Woolworths. I can't resist any free offers so I bought "Fresh" as well. Actually there are usually some good recipes and ideas in "Fresh". Came home, made a cup of tea and ripped open the freebie bag. Ate the vegie chips (yum, points friendly), ate the fruit and nut bar (too many points), ate some of the choccie biscuits (too many points) and almost ate the muesli until I read at the last minute that it was "not fit for human comsumption" (pet muesli!!!!). That, and the fact that I have had to have a no point vegie tea, has cured me from ever buying a "freebie" bag again!!!!!

12 comments:

michelle said...

Gee Susy, Lucky you read the label on that last Pet Bar. The way I have been eating today probably wouldn't have noticed. Oh an dabout that knitting.I went into a guardian chemistand theyhave abooklet with simple patterns which you knit and then donate to World Vision. It may interest you. I amthinking of trying it whenI finish the scarf i am knitting.

Slim Suzy said...

Sounds good michelle. I will have a look in our Guardian chemist.

Mary said...

Bwahaha..this is very funny and knowing me, I would have eaten the pet muesli too! What a great way to make you think twice in future :-)

Anne said...

LOL at the pet muesli bar - I probably wouldn't have read the label...

M said...

Well, I know not to buy the Fresh today then - thanks for the warning LOL. And it is so funny that you and I had the same lunch yesterday. Steamed dim sims are so yummmy. They are my keep sane, feels like takeaway, treat.

And on Michelles note, there is a website about the knitting for World Vision as well. It's a good reminder. I'll have to follow this up as well as I do have way too many scarves now..

Have a great day :)

Kate said...

LOL!

Jaykay said...

Hi Suzy

I hope you don't mind but I've copied all your recipes as they sound great.

Just need to buy a slow cooker now!

What a coincidence, I saw the Fresh Magazine in the supermarket this morning and checked out the little goodie bag. Not sure what happened, but I put it back on the shelf (most unlike me)!

Glenys said...

Too funny! What's this months Slimming mag like?

Slim Suzy said...

Slimming mag is OK. Haven't read it properly yet though. Just had my first skim through. Wish there weren't quite so many ads, but I guess that's what pays the bills.

Me said...

Thanks for the warning - don't think I would have read the label !
Take care and have a great day !
Me

Me said...

Hi Suzy - just to let you know - whenever I post a comment on your blog I get a mail saying that the mail couldn't be delivered to joysmart@bigpond.com.au - don't know if there is something I need to do differently. If there is would you mail me at kal20morris@gmail.com and let me know.
Thanks and have a great day !
Me

Slim Suzy said...

That was an wrong email address. I have deleted it thanks Linda.