30 June 2005

Coriander poisoning ?!

I think I may have been poisoned by coriander in a past life!

I simply can not stand the taste of coriander. We decided to have an easy tea tonight. I bought a jar of tomato pasta sauce to have with pasta. (I normally make my own sauce). I cooked the pasta and some zucchini and covered it with sauce. I tasted it and could not tolerate the strong taste of coriander. Until I actually grew some coriander and tasted it I didn't realise the offensive (to me) taste in some foods was actually coriander. I washed the pasta and zucchini in boiling water to try and get rid of the sauce taste and replaced it with a can of tomatoes. I could STILL taste it. I simply could not eat it. I really like nearly all foods (except kidneys and brains), but coriander literally makes me feel sick and I don't really know why.
Consequently I have just eaten FOUR pieces of Pizza from Pizza Hut. At least it was thin style vegetarian, but still lots of points!!!

7 comments:

Mary said...

*blergh* I don't like coriander either but pizza on the other hand ;-)

Anne said...

I'm another coriander hater! My son is a chef and he raves about it - but I find the smell quite yuk! Do love other herbs though and use them a lot.

Kate said...

lol, I have to be honest here... I don't think I even know what it tastes like specifically. :-)

Jodie said...

I don't mind corriander but can't stand cloves. I had a bad experience with a clove when I was younger. My uncle made a baked ham and it had cloves on it. I copped a whole one and was almost sick!! YUCK!!

M said...

I love coriander. I actually put heaps fresh through my salads now to spice them up. I must be strange. But lovely strange :)

Never mind about the pizza. It's only one high point meal and with your activity and good eating you'll cover that off in no time.

Mello4me said...

aargghhh Coriander, yuk, eww I hear you on this one I wouldn't have been able to stomach a coriander laced meal either!
Have a great weekend

Jaykay said...

My pet hate is Garlic....I know, I know, I hear you say how can you not like Garlic.

It's in so much food that whenever we go out I have to always ask if Garlic is in the meal. I do find it hard to choose meals sometimes because of my fussiness when it comes to food!