22 June 2005

Different sized bodies

I was reading through Slimming and WW magazine and it amazes me how different we can all be even at the same height. I am 163cm and at 63.5kg I am as small as I need to be. I am a comfortable size 10 now in jeans. I think I would look too thin if I were any smaller. Some others at 163cm looked good at 57kg or 60kg. I really think we need to suit ourselves and our own body shape and frame size and not be too caught up with numbers. It really all comes down to how comfortable we feel within our body and within our clothes and of course the health benefits.

7 comments:

Jaykay said...

I agree totally Suzy. I'm 165cm (5'5") and for me 60kg is my most comfortable weight. Getting there is another matter of course!!

A Girl Running said...

It is incredible. I have a friend who is the same height. We were both 57 kilos once (a long time ago!) I was a size 8 - 10 and she was a size 14. I also went to the gym with a girl who was 15 kilos lighter than me but had a higher body fat percentage.

Danatasia said...

I couldn't agree more Suzy. One of the reasons I won't set a personal goal weight other than the top of my BMI is because until I get there I will have absolutely no idea as to whether that weight suits me and my body or not. One of my best friends is just under 5 foot, around a size 10, but is around 70kgs of solid muscle. She would look waisted if she lost weight, even though she is above her healthy BMI.

Anne said...

Body shapes certainly are different. I'm a real apple shape, but am small (for me) around the hips also thin legs. Wish I could change shapes as well as lose weight...........

Mary said...

I totally agree too now that I've been doing so much research and hearing from other WWs. I am deciding to stick the the higher end of the weight range aswell until I get there. Then I'll see how I feel and look.

Mello4me said...

I too agree... I am 171cms and once (a long long time ago) got 3 kgs off my WWGW and was quite happy with that at a size 12 too much lower and I have been told I would look sick. So we are all so different. MM keen to try the mars bar slice!! yummo

michelle said...

I cannot imagine what my ideal weight would be. The 60's just seem impossibly far away. It is so good that you are comfortable where you are. That is where you should stay.