16 June 2005

Herb Bread

Bought a Baker's Delight French stick today to make garlic and herb bread for guests. I have a sadly neglected herb garden (I'm not a gardener and don't like it). I grow my herbs in pots outside though and it is great to pick fresh herbs. I picked tyme, oregano,rosemary and parsley and finely chopped it and mixed in some garlic. As I was adding it to the butter I decided to make my own special little parcel of low fat delight. I cut off 4 slices of French Stick (2 points) and slightly melted 1 portion of Laughing Cow light cheese (1/2 point) and mixed in my herbs and garlic. Wrapped up my little parcel separately and yum I'm going to have 4 slices of herb bread for 2 1/2 points. Gee isn't it great how small things can really make me happy these days!

9 comments:

Mary said...

Yum! and don't you think cooking is a little more fun now that we've learnt so much about food!? I really enjoy it now :-)

M said...

I love garlic bread and have been restricting myself to one piece (if it comes in the door) for 1.5 points. But I am going to make this one at home this weekend. Yummm - satisfy a certain taste craving and still work it in with points. You gotta love that.. :)

Thank you for posting the recipe

Anne said...

I think you should publish a cook book! You have such yummy recipes:)

Me said...

Sounds like a great idea - will try it next time we have a BBQ.
Take care and have a great day !
Me

A Girl Running said...

I keep meaning to try that cheese - sounds like nice herb bread Suzy... well done

Jaykay said...

I agree with Anne, start up a collection of WW recipes. I know I'd pay to have them emailed to me.

Jodie said...

I love hearing of people experimenting with recipes. I love cooking and feel really proud when I come up with my own creations. I suppose it makes you feel special. Also thanks for your supportive comments left on my blog. I feel much better today and every day I get that bit better again. Should be pretty much back to normal by the beginning of next week. Thanks, Jodie.

Slim Suzy said...

Glad you like the idea of the herb bread. It was yummy. Sorry, but I'm not a good enough cook to start a cook book yet! I will just keep trying to think of low fat nice, healthy dishes. Unfortunately I did extra Maths at school instead of Cooking! My new love of cooking comes from the need to find tasty low fat dishes!

Anne said...

Maybe we should something set up on the "We are slimming" site where we can all add our favourite recipes.