24 June 2005

Lamb curry in the slow cooker

I am making a nice Lamb Curry in the slow cooker. (approx 4 1/2 points per serve - serves 4)

500g lean diced lamb (heart smart)
dash of curry powder (or curry paste)
1 sachet tomato paste
dash of worstershire sauce
1 pkt roast meat gravy mix (mixed with a cup of boiling water)
1 tablespoon sultanas
1 large sweet potato diced in large pieces
2 carrots sliced
2 sticks celery chopped
1 small onion chopped
sprinkle of mixed spice
pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours. (cook in moderate oven in casserole for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours)


Serve with plain CousCous (made to directions on packet) approx 2 1/2 points per 50g (small serve) or pasta or rice. (points not included)

6 comments:

Anne said...

Another recipe for me to try! Are you able maybe to put them together with a link to them all? They are always gerat because the ingredients are ones that are normally in most pantries.

Mary said...

It's only the morning here but I feel like eating this now! Thanks for posting the recipe :-)

Jodie said...

That sounds yuuuummmmm!!! I made you lite mars bar slice last night. All I need to do is ice it when I get home. Taking it to my sisters tomorrow for her clothes party. I'll let you know what it's like. Have a good weekend. XX

Jaykay said...

Oh good, another yummy recipe.

I'm cutting and pasting them all into a word document and printing them out as I fill each page, then pasting them in my scrapbook of recipes.

Just need to buy that slow cooker!

Leighanne said...

yum...something else for the slow cooker...will be giving this one a try!

Glenys said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'll try this one, great! I'm soooo cold today.