27 June 2005

Men are lucky

I think it is much more difficult for women to control their eating habits than men. So many emotional and physical things affect women. Our changing hormone level each month certainly makes it difficult and I am sure our moods are much more affected by even such things as the weather than men's moods are. On these freezing days I just feel like snuggling up with warm drinks and food and yet dear husband still goes about his business as though nothing is different. During any major trauma in my life I usually can't eat, but the men in my life still need their meals served regularly. On happy and festive occasions the first thing I think of is what delicious food to serve people.
I guess one of the main tools we need to acquire in making this weight loss thing permanent is the ability to control our eating even during our changes in feelings and circumstances. It certainly isn't easy though.

4 comments:

M said...

Great post Suzy. (I'm just quickly doing the rounds before I go to bed) You are so right. But you are maintaining well so show us all that from month to month, we can combat these feelings, have a good life, and still maintain our weight. Thanks. Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Mary said...

You have a great way of thinking and putting things in perspective. I am glad we crossed paths. You're such an inspiration! I agree with the mood thing. It's really interesting to monitor how we react to things. I hope you have a great day!

michelle said...

Thanks for all the recipes Suzy. I am finding a new love of cooking. You are so right about those moods we have and how they affect us. Men are just not the same are they?

FreeThinker said...

Yes, we men are different, but that's what makes our human family so wonderfully dynamic!