09 June 2005

"Spring" cleaning

I am just in the middle of cleaning out my wardrobe and thought I would take a little break. I can't believe the lack of clothes I have now. I just tried on every piece of clothing in my wardrobe and NONE of my old clothes fit! I know it is exciting to lose weight but it is also expensive! I have tried things on over the last 6 months and given aways lots and kept some which still looked OK, but now the only clothes that look OK are my new ones. I now feel a bit guilty for having to buy all new clothes, from underwear to coats. Even my coats are hanging like huge sacks! I will build my wardrobe up again gradually though. The only thing I keep telling myself is I will NEVER fit into them again. I will NEVER gain that much weight again. So I have decided to get rid of all the larger clothes and clean out my drawers and wardrobe and start afresh with a neat, tidy lovely collection of new smaller, prettier clothes.

7 comments:

Jodie said...

Well done!!! It is a great feeling to have all your clothes literally falling off you. I am not even half way through my weight loss journey and have gone down 3 clothes sizes already!! I buy just enough to get me through a season and then move onto the next season. By the change in season I start to feel things getting a tad big!! I love shopping for clothes now but your right the bank account doesn't like it at all!!

Me said...

Well done on the 'spring' cleaning - it is a great feeling when your clothes are too big but as you say, the bank doesn't really like it very much ! I have to say that when we first arrived in Australia and I got to goal I got rid of all my fat clothes but then one thing lead to another and I put it all on again plus some more and I landed up having to buy. I am not that confident that I can actually keep it off so tend to hold on to some fat clothes - just in case ! Some people say that is setting myself up for failure - I say that I would rather keep them than give them away and have to buy if I need them. There are times when circumstances are beyond your control and if the only way you can deal with an issue is to eat, sometimes you have to do that. I am hoping that with all the support I have now through blogging I won't be in the situation - but, you just never know !!! So, when I grow out of something, it goes into the kist at the bottom of the bed - sort of like a 'just in case' box !!!
Take care and have a great time when you do get to shop for all those lovely new clothes !
Me

Sue said...

Yep, a whole new wardrobe is expensive. Have you considered going to a tailor and having some clothes altered? I'm going to do that with some of my nicer pieces. I have a lovely winter coat that cost me over $400 a couple of years back. $60 to have it altered doesn't seem too bad, compared to the cost of replacing it!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to where you are coming from about never wearing those clothes again. In the past I kept my bigger clothes "just in case" this time as soon as they get too big they are out of there! No way will I wear them again! Also agree with Jodie - the bank balance doesn't like the shopping!

Anne said...

Oops I'm the anon. person - hit the button too quick - Anne

michelle said...

I hav ealso been getting rid of clothes as they become too small whereas in the past I held onto them. I have also bought some new clothes on sale in a smaller size. They will be my reward as I go down. It is nice to actually feel good in new smaller clothes.

M said...

Fantastic. Well done. Once those clothes are gone they will never come back in again.