17 June 2005

Temptations

I have read a lot of posts on the WW forum about freezing Light Mars Bars for a treat. I have never been able to find them in the shops until today. Oh dear. I bought two of them to try and make Annette Sym's Light Mars Bar Slice. When I came home I decided to cut a piece off one and try it. It was so delicious. I quickly cut up the bars into thirds and froze the pieces. I won't make the slice this time (I didn't have any Rice Bubbles in the cupboard), but I will try it another time.
While I was constantly losing weight I was hardly ever tempted to indulge in naughty things. I think I loved seeing the scales go down so much that I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that. Now I have reached my goal weight I seem to be tempted more and more by "goodies". I keep having to tell myself to BE STRONG and just have a treat occasionally and I will stay on track, but it isn't easy!

4 comments:

Vix said...

You know Suzy, I never ever eat choc, and then I read a sucess story in last months WW mag that said "I would have died if I didnt have Funsize Mars Bar Lite to keep me going" - I thought, yeah I might try this! I got the points value off the forum, were the girl said they where super yummy in the freezer. Well! They didnt even get to the freezer! I could easily find 4 points in my day to fill up with Mars Bars - I thought "this is SO WRONG" and chucked the rest of the packet out. I dont have the willpower to keep things like that in my house at all. I thank myself some evenings, because even though I am climbing up the wall desperate for junk there is none in the house (*phew*).

You'll have to tell me how to make mars bar slice though (I still love fattening up my collegues!Yea, I know its naughty!).

Mary said...

I am glad you shared this Suzy. I thought something was wrong with me because I am not craving junk food whilst I am still trying to lose weight either. When I get to goal though, I wonder if that will change for me too. Once I start, I can't stop. I have the "no junk in the house" rule going and it works fine. Good luck with the temptations, sounds yummo! Have a great day :-)

michelle said...

You can buy the MArs Bar Lite in Fun size packs which makes portion control even easier. I do crave chocolate and need to have a little regularly to stop myself pigging out on it.

Leighanne said...

I am the same - I bring a share pack home and they just don't make it to the frezzer!! I could not throw the packet out though...