03 June 2005

Tuna patties

My dear grand-daughter came to stay yesterday. She is 12. She received a gift voucher from a hair salon for her birthday (great idea) and she decided she wanted foils. She had very subtle red and blonde streaks put in (she has dark brown hair). When she first told me I was a bit shocked, but it just made subtle highlights of colour and looks really nice. We decided to make
Tuna Patties for tea. (2 points each) I know they aren't very exciting, but I love them and she does too!

1 can Tuna in springwater
dash of tomato sauce
dash of worcestershire sauce
onion flakes
2 tablespoons fat free mayonaisse (I make my own)
2 potatoes (cooked and mashed)
1 egg white
sprinkle of (chilli, cumin and garlic) flakes
1 tblspoon bread crumbs in mixture and more to coat patties.

Mix all ingredients well and form into 8 small patties. Coat in breadcrumbs. Fry in 1 tblspoon olive oil or olive oil spray until golden brown and cooked (about 20 minutes). Serve with a leafy salad.


Mayonaisse (1 tablespoon 1/2 point)

1 can reduced fat condensed milk
1/2 cup vinegar
salt to taste
2 teaspoons mustard (I used seeded mustard)

Mix all ingredients. I use a Tupperware quickshake. Makes life easier.

4 comments:

M said...

My husband will love these. Thank you for putting up the recipe. I don't eat tuna but may see if I can substitute another fish type..
Have a great weekend :)

Anne said...

Hey thanks for another great recipe! Salmon could be nice in them too.

A Girl Running said...

I think they sound really yummy

it is so unfair that your husband can eat tim tams and other sinfully delicious stuff - then again, he has run over 50,000 km (I am still in awe of that....I think I have told everyone i know!!)

Me said...

Am going to try your mayonaise recipe - sounds yummy.
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me