30 June 2005

Up and down week

I have had a very up and down week this week, both my mood and my weight. I weigh myself each morning, but I only record it once a week. I like to keep my eye on things each morning though. I usually don't change that much but this week has been really weird. The scales have been up a kilo then back to normal then up 500g then back to normal and today I am the smallest I have been. 63kgs. I won't record it though cause I always record my weight on Saturday mornings. I will probably be back up again by then.
I have still been tracking and looking back at the last couple of weeks I have been taking a few more risks than normal (you know - the Baileys and Mars Bar slice). I don't want this to become a habit so I will be more careful with alcohol and if I do eat more treats I am going to do some extra exercise.
I don't know how others who have reached their goal weight manage, but I realise now that I will have to track for the rest of my life if I want to stay at this weight. It has become a way of life for me now.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi there
I once reached goal - even got under it at 63kgs. But 4 years and 2 children later I had to do it all over again. I know what you mean about the tracking. It can get tedious, but I believe that it's the way to go in order to remain successful. I too have days when I think that once I get to goal I won't have to track again, but I think I will. Maybe not so much... maybe I will (once I reach goal) if I've gone up in kgs too much that weigh-in. I guess it's best to keep on top of things, and not let it spiral out of control again. So yes, I think we have to track for life : (

Anne said...

Likewise!! I will be tracking for the rest of my life as I know it'll be the only way I would maintain.

You are doing well to be maitaining and what a fantstic feeling to be at your lowest weight!

Kate said...

I've heard it said that maintaining is harder than losing so hats off to you for doing it so well!

A Girl Running said...

My nan has been at goal now for over 5 years and she still has to track. i think it is worth the hassle to stay at goal though

the battle to rid this fat said...

Sounds so familar, i am a constant weigher.... every morning with out fail on i hop....

We really should only weigh in once but i find it so hard... Maybe i should just throw them out all together and only weigh in at my meeting....

Mary said...

Mmm, Baileys and Mars Bars sounds like the culprits. I think I will be tracking for quite some time. I don't mind it and it's becoming a breeze. 5 minutes of a night time. Planning is also something I enjoy now. It's fun. Hope your week turns out well :-)

Jodie said...

My WW leader says "Those who track never look back". She has lots of cute little rhymes. I need to learn to make time for tracking. I simply forget to do it.

M said...

I think I will track for a long time. 1) Because I am not at goal yet & 2) Because when I get there I want to stay. :)

I hope you have a happy day today and know that I look up to you and take my hat off to you, and everyone else, who maintains their weight.