20 June 2005

Update on George Roaster and Light Mars Bar Slice Recipe

Well George cooked the lamb roast perfectly. Easiest roast I have ever made. I'm so glad I bought him. I will try a chicken next.

Now for you Vix, and anyone else who fancies it, the recipe for Light Mars Bar Slice (from Annette Sym's Symply too Good to be True No 3 book)

Makes 15 slices (1.3 points per serve)
Base
2 X 44.5 Mars Bars Lite
3 cups Rice Bubbles
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine (Flora Lite)
1 tablespoon skim milk
cooking spray

Icing
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoon cocoa
1-2 tablespoons skim milk

BASE: Place rice bubbles in a large mixing bowl. In a microwave safe bowl place roughly chopped Mars Bars, margarine and golden syrup. Melt on high for 2 minutes, stir well, return to microwave for a further 30 seconds. Add milk and stir mixture until smooth. Pour melted chocolate mixture into rice bubbles, stirring until covered with chocolate mix. Coat a slab tin with cooking spray and press mixture into tin evenly. Refrigerate.

ICING: once slice is set place all icing ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mix together well. Spread icing over base and refrigerate. Once set cut into 15 slices.
This slice is best kept refrigerated.

I haven't actually made this yet cause I ate the Mars Bars before I managed to buy any Rice Bubbles, but I will try it soon and it sure looks yummy. I would use baking paper to line the tray instead of spraying it.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yum! Sounds delicious.... and very dangerous! This is where the willpower would be tested - doubt I would be able to stop at just one piece!!!

Mary said...

Hehe, I probably would have eaten the Mars before making it too. Sounds great! Thanks for posting this because I want to try it.

Anne said...

I won't even attempt this recipe at this stage - would be fatal for me!! May make it when I know there will be plenty of others around to help it.

Jodie said...

I have copied this recipe if you don't mind - thanks heaps!!

I currently make the Kit Kat Slice from the WW recipe book but that's 2.5 points per piece. This is definitely more points friendly - I can have 2 pieces of this slice for the same as the Kit Kat Slice (although KK slice is a fav of mine!!!)