11 July 2005

Another beautiful day

It has been another beautiful day today. I have been for two long walks. One this morning in the frost and one later in the warm sunshine. I have a beef and red wine casserole cooking in the slow cooker and the smell is driving me nuts. I love the slow cooker but it is a bad idea to cook when I am home cause the smell makes me extra hungry.

I made some choc banana ice pops today. Very yummy. Still practising for summer.

Steps are nearly up to 10,000, so will be by the time I sit down tonight. I am lucky I am not working at the moment because, as others have said, it would be hard to get the 10,000 in every day otherwise. I didn't jog on the tramp today, thought two longs walks would be a change instead.

I have finished knitting two cushions covers at last. Between blogging and walking my knitting has been very slow (like the ironing) Can't show a photo because they are black and they don't show up well in the photos. They look quite nice though as my new heater is black and I have a few other black accents in the lounge.

Will start another scarf now as I found some nice black/brown/grey ostrich type yarn which I will knit with black. (I seem to have a thing about black, but it doesn't date does it). When I lost weight I tried to buy more colourful clothes but black does suit me and I have gradually bought a few new black things. Will try not to get too many.

I am rattling on a bit so I will go and make some herb and garlic bread to have with the casserole.

5 comments:

Mary said...

You are doing so well with all the walking! And how about all this cooking you are doing!? I am so tempted to jump on a plane and visit LOL.

Emily said...

The black cushion covers sound cool! I was just telling my mum on the weekend how bored I am with my couch and the lumpy cushions with pilling all over them - could be just the ticket!!!

Anne said...

Wished I had you cooking for us here!

Great effort with the walking!

Jodie said...

Your right - It's very hard to get the steps happening when you work full-time. I'd love to make some casseroles for winter but I don't have long enough when I get home. Keep up the good work. XX

M said...

Stop it woman. I read in the morning and now I am so hungry. Will have to fight tempatation to go an get a choc banana paddle pop now ;). You are doing so well on your walking and I agree with you. I have found it hard to get enough steps in as I spend so much time sitting on my tail. But I am determined to get my average back up to 10,000 so will find a way. Am currently hunting for a mini-tramp that doesn't cost an arm and a leg so may hunt through some garage sales on the weekend. Have a great day. :)