02 July 2005

Bacon cooked in George

Dear husband and I only eat breakfast together on Saturday mornings as he goes to work really early during the week. I usually cook eggs and bacon. I always grill the bacon in the griller in the stove and now just have a small piece myself with the rind cut off. He, on the other hand, loves the crispy crunchy rind and eats lots of it. Today I decided to grill the bacon in George. The bacon was delicious and as the rind was softer dear husband cut it off and didn't eat it. I thought it would be the last time I would be able to cook bacon more healthily, but he actually liked the flavour better and said maybe he shouldn't really be eating the rind anyway it is too fattening! I can't believe it! I will be able to buy rindless, less fatty bacon. I have always had to make a point of not mentioning that things may be healthy or lower in fat than we used to eat. I think he is actually getting slowly converted!! (Shhhhhh! Don't tell him).

8 comments:

Mello4me said...

We are the same Mr.M and I always have bacon and eggs on a sat but I try and make them so I can lightly spray the pan and we do the bacon on the george it is lovely and less fatty bonus bonus!!!

Emily said...

Yaaay for DH becoming converted and not even realising!

Jaykay said...

I love my George. It's only a small one but it does everything in it that I want.

I've even used it for doing toasted sandwiches!!

Have a great day.

Danatasia said...

LOL, good ol' George :)

M said...

LOL. That is so funny. Soon you will be able to sneak on the ww bacon. :)

Anne said...

Wouldn't be without my George. Your husband suonds similar to mine!

A Girl Running said...

LOL it sounds like your converting him...very sly. I need a George in my house

I love the bacon rind all crunchy too

Me said...

WOOHOOOOOOOO - that is definitely a win for you - when you can get the family to eat more healthily without having to push them - it is great !
Take care and have a great week !
Me