18 July 2005

Found a nature reserve

Dear husband and I went for a long walk yesterday. We walked all around our usual streets and then cut across a street we don't usually walk along. Half way along we saw a sign to a nature reserve. We couldn't believe it. It was a whole parcel of pretty trees and little streams that had been made into a reserve that we didn't even know existed! It was so pretty. Now we know it is there we will load up our picnic backpack and go for a picnic there when the weather gets warmer.
We lived in Newcastle for a year (4 years ago), DH was transferred there with his work, and we were amazed at the amount of people picnicing all the time there. The weather was much warmer than here though. People here only tend to go out in the parks in summer.
Anyway my steps were 10,878 yesterday even though I didn't jog on my tramp, so I was pleased about that.

7 comments:

M said...

Wow. We found a nature reserve yesterday too that we didn't know was there!! We have been walking in Balmoral for about 10 weeks and yesterday we actually crossed the road, on the non-beach side, and found a fantastic play park, and a huge nature reserve with streams, trees, rocks - it was beautiful. How funny. Glad you had a great day and great stepping yesterday. Hope you have a lovely day :)

Mary said...

Thanks for the comment this morning Suzy :-)

What a great find too. I love nature reserves and what a great idea to go for a picnic. I can't wait for it to get warmer!

Well done on all your steps too!

jak said...

Sounds like a really beautiful spot you came across! I love going for picnics, especially in gorgeous surrounds. :)

the_jem said...

Thanks Suzy, It was nice to find your blog now too and read your exciting news. I love your recipes!! I will be keeping your blog on hand for inspiration!!

Jodie said...

Makes the walk's seem worthwhile when you discover new and interesting places. I love walking but get bored with the usual route. That's why I don't mind travelling and walking at places I wouldn't usually get to see. Sorry about Charles too. XX

Danatasia said...

It sounds lovely! I'm amazed at how few people around here use our nature reserve. It's so nice and peaceful. Well done on the steps.

A Girl Running said...

oh that sounds so gorgeous. Do you live near Snug? I stayed there with my mother last year, It was so nice.