08 August 2005

Maintaining my weight











I have been maintaining my weight of between 63 and 64kgs for three months now. No, I won't get any badges or certificates or any awards because I have never officially joined WW. I did WW at home with books given to me by a friend and whatever else I needed I bought from the WW website or Ebay or researched weight loss and healthy living sites.
I believe that I reached a place where I knew I needed to lose weight and I was determined to do it by myself and there was no need for me to attend meetings or have someone else weigh me or keep me motivated. It was up to me alone. I did get some motivation from reading posts on the WW forum. (Since reaching my goal weight my blogging friends have helped to keep me motivated).
I am very happy that my weight has stabilised and even though my healthy weight range is 53-66 kgs, my current weight of 63 to 64kgs seems to be the ideal weight for my body. My size 10 jeans are actually quite loose and I don't want to get any smaller.
I am able to still have a glass or two of red wine each night and go out for a meal when I wish to. I am being careful day to day, but have actually stopped tracking for the last couple of weeks. I think I still mentally add points, as I know most of the points values for my regular meals.
I don't want to go over 64kgs and I will keep a close eye on my weight and start tracking again if it starts to creep up.
I think I have gained the knowledge about food and exercise that my body needs to maintain this weight. I will continue to exercise most days and try to drink plenty of water. I constantly mentally check that I am drinking enough and remind myself that I don't need fatty food or chips and chocolate to be happy. (Well, maybe some chocolate!).

13 comments:

Anne said...

It really sounds as if you have the right balance Sue and that's totally what it's all about! Good on you and I aim to be as successful as you when I reach maintainance!

michelle said...

You have it all worked out and it is working for you. You give me hope for the future. Thanks!!

Jaykay said...

Suzy you have such a great outlook on maintaining.

Enjoy your chocolate!

missjesse said...

It is really good for me to be reading a blog that shows the maintaining side and not just the losing side of weight. I can see how you have got to where you are anf how good it is once you get there. I feel very inspired by you and am appreciative of all the comments you leave for me :) BTW that chicken kiev recipe that you directed me to....BEAUTIFUL and was a hit that night with our guests!
Jesse

Jodie said...

Great post. You must be so proud of what you have achieve and by yourself. I couldn't do it on my own. My will power wasn't strong enought to survive on my own.

You are our inspiration!!!

A Girl Running said...

it sounds lik you have really worked out what works for you Suzy - well done =)

Donna said...

Great Suzy, you have worked out the right balance of food and exercise, keep up the great work.
I have been thinking of not going to meetings and doing it at home, this shows me that it can be done, so i,ll see how it goes.

M said...

This is a brilliant post. I too, am not doing ww officially. I borrowed the weeks 1 - 12 books from a workmate. I read a lot on the internet. And the ww site is fabulous. Now with the support of the blogs I am losing weight, and you are maintaining. I think you are brilliant and have a very healthy attitude towards your lifestyle.

I hope you have a wonderful day :)

Mary said...

This is an awesome post Suzy and I love that you are maintaining so well. I am even more amazed that you did it yourself! Well done! You are such an inspiration to know the weight can be kept off and still enjoy your indulgences. Thank you for sharing.

Me said...

I agree with the others - I think you are a star for doing it by yourself. Like Jodie there is no way that I could have done it without having to go somewhere to face the scales each week. Well done on maintaining - for me that is going to be more important than getting to goal because I have got to goal so many times before but then always put it back on - this time I want to get to goal and keep it off and I am sure with the help of my blogging friends I will be able to do it.
Thank you for the lovely comment you left for me - it is appreciated.
Take care, have a great week and happy maintaining !
Me

Kate said...

Hats off to you Suzy - they say maintaining is harder than losing so WELL DONE!! :-)

Leighanne said...

Kate is right - maintaining is supposed to be harder and you are doing a great job:)

Emily said...

Well done Suzy, you've done really well and I too am inspired by the fact that you did it without going to the meetings. Imagine how much money that has saved you! Anyway, congratulations on maintaining so successfully!