15 August 2005

Unfair advertising




I just bought a packet of fun size Light Mars Bars and they now say 50% less fat, then is smaller print - than the average of leading chocolate bar brands. No they haven't made them any less fatty, it just looked that way. We really need to be on the ball when shopping and read all the fine print on the labels. I also bought a 50g bag of a new variety of Smiths crisps. On the bag it told me now with less saturated fat. I just thought for a treat I would try them and after eating two or three (very yummy) I checked the points value. FIVE points for a 50gram bag. How unfair! Even though they were delish I felt it was a complete waste of so many points and couldn't bring myself to eat any more. Surely someone can make some tasty chips with much less fat than that?!! Anyway, back to my popcorn for me. Can't afford to stack the weight back on just for the sake of a bag of chips.

7 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Don't you just hate that there isn't any yummy snacks out there that are low in points. I find it really hard to find snacks to keep me away from those high points he he

Donna said...

Yep i hate the fact chips are so high in fat, i replace chips with soho's or snackatas and popcorn is also high on my snack list.
have a great day.

Jayess62 said...

H Suzy, forgive me for butting in on this post, but I had to tell you something. Last week I copied all your recipes that you have listed. Today I made the vegetable lasagne, with a few alterations, (I love garlic). My youngest ds is four years old, and sooooo fusssssy.........no vegetable has passed his lips since he was a baby......well, he ate your recipe tonight, and really enjoyed it. We were so excited to see him eating something so good for him..........
thank you so much for posting this recipe and for your blog in general. I too am a WW and really enjoy reading your posts.........
Thanks again.....I am cooking the beef casserole this week too.....

Anne said...

Not good news about the points in those chips but isn't it great that you now can check and be aware of what you choose to eat.

Mary said...

*excited* D and I had some chips on the weekend which were quite good. The Red Rock Deli Teriyaki. They're not quite chips, more like prawn chips and were delish. Also Mother Earth have some yummy falvoured popcorn. What about WW Nibblies :-) Mmmm....

I hope you have a great week Suzy!

M said...

Yes. I love crisps and they have been the hardest things to modify in my food intake. And it was after a 250gm bag of Doritos was consumed (ooops) that I realised I just ate 25 points. Waste Waste Waste.

I think I will check out Mary's suggestion and see if they are any better. Have a great day :)

Jodie said...

Yes it's amazing how they trick us. I always check the actual nutrition table and get my trusty slide from WW out. If they Sat Fat is too high I simply don't bother even getting the slide out and simply put them back, same with the kj's. Those adertising people are sharks!!! XX