20 August 2005

Walked to Subway

Dear husband and I walked to Subway for lunch. It is a 10km round trip! I had already jogged on my tramp for half an hour before breakfast, so by the time we returned home my steps were 19,325!!!! If anyone had told me last year to go for a ten km walk just for fun I think I would have either laughed or cried. Now I can do it easily. The bottoms of my feet are burning slightly, but apart from that I am fine. We called in to see my Dear Son at his work on the way and he couldn't believe it. He said "that's what cars are for". He also asked me if I had my taxi fare in case I couldn't make it home (actually I did take a bus fare just in case). We think we might try to do the walk most weekends now the weather is improving, so that should be fun. It was a lovely morning and we walked in one way and home another, so it was quite interesting. DH has now gone for a 10km run! I'm not that keen. The walk has made me more hungry though, but I figure I can afford to eat more today!


P.S. Thinking of my Dear Father who would have been 95 today! He has been gone 15 years and I still miss him. He was taken unfairly in a car accident and I often wonder just how old he would have been if he had died naturally, as he was 80 going on 60 in mind, spirit and body. Anyway, I am sure he is having a game of bowls and a few beers to celebrate his Birthday in the Great Bowling Club you know where!

14 comments:

jak said...

Wow, WTG Suzy! That's fantastic. :)

Glenys said...

You deserve a foot spa and massage after that. Good idea to take some spare money, just in case.

Mary said...

Love the way you just do things Suzy and thanks for reminding me to do some planned walking as well this weekend. I hope you have a really nice Sunday :-)

Emily said...

We did a walk that long last weekend, but I didn't come home with your vigour and enthusiasm!! Everything was tired and achey and I couldn't wait to blob on the couch!

Happy Birthday to your Dad :-)

Leighanne said...

What a great walk!!

Sarah said...

Hi Suzy - Thought it was time I said hi! I have been reading your blog when I get the chance. Well done with the monster exercise today!!!

Felicity said...

Awesome walk Suzy. A bit of epsom salts in some warm water to sosk your feet in. We can get here from chemist and department stores little sachets (shaped like a foot) of foot soak 'stuff' pepermint and something can't think just now what flavour it was but really made my feet feel good after a long walk. I now have some Avon stuff. Make sure u get some pampering.

M said...

That's the spirit. I think I am going to find something that I can walk to like that, have something to eat and walk back. What a great idea. Great going Suzy.

Happy Birthday to your Dad for yesterday (as I am posting this on the 21st) I had some birthday cake for you :)

Jodie said...

That is amazing!!! Might try that myself. Our subway is probably the same distance actually so good idea if nothing planned.

My thoughts are with you as you remember your dear Dad. It is hard missing those we love that are now gone. Next weekend would have been my Nan's 95th birthday on the 28th. She passed away naturally but only 10 days before my wedding. That was tough but I know she was there in spirit anyway.

Take care XX

Me said...

What a great idea for getting some exercise and a good healthy food choice !! Take care and have a great week !
Me

flutterbye said...

My thoughts are with you while you remember your dad. Its not easy to reminice sometimes.

Congrats on the walk. Sounds like you really enjoyed!!

Flutter

Anne said...

Gerat, impressive walk Suzy! Parents when they pass away leave a huge gap in our lifes.

A Girl Running said...

wow! would have made that subway even more enjoyable I think.

That is really lovely of you to think of your Dad like that. My father in law used to laugh at our little dining table. he died 4 months ago. On the weekend we bought a new table and had a chuckle at him probably looking down on us saying "about time too!"

Kate said...

Great walk! Well done!! :-)