19 August 2005

Wish me luck


Really no news this week. Caught up with some old workmates last night for a meal and a chat. It was lovely to see them all. We have all gone our separate ways, but like to catch up every few months. I wore my high heel boots and they were actually quite comfortable and I managed quite well without breaking my ankle!
I was just cleaning out the fridge and checking what I need from the supermarket and I realised the freezer on top of the fridge is not working properly. It is supposed to defrost itself and it has ice all over the bottom. Looks as though the water hasn't been able to escape when it has tried to defrost. I have emptied it all out and I am just deciding whether to try and fix it before Dear Husband comes home for lunch. He it NOT a handyman and small things tend to turn into disasters very quickly. If I can only get the back plate off the freezer part without totally wrecking the fridge and see if something is blocking it I may be able to fix it. But then if that doesn't work or if I don't screw the screws back properly (I tend to do everything slightly crookedly), I will be in trouble. I think it may be a no-win situation. I was planning to have a do-not-much day today, but it has turned into defrosting, cooking food that is in the fridge now so it doesn't spoil, lots of washing up after the cooking and stress because my fridge is on the blink.
I just hate it when electrical things decide to be naughty. We tend to take our everyday appliances for granted until something goes wrong.
Anyway wish me luck!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

UPDATE:: YAY FOR THE POWER OF A WOMAN WITH A PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER - I fixed it! It was blocked. Obviously designed by a man. It has a little cap with tiny holes where the water is supposed to go through and it was blocked with a big chunk of ice. I have taken the cap off and unblocked it all and water is running freely. I am going to leave the little cap off permanently. Just have to be careful of falling peas! I have cleaned behind and under the fridge so I now feel much better and am going to have a lovely bubble bath and pretend all is well when DH comes home. YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!

12 comments:

Jodie said...

Just thing of it as a chance to be adventurous with the cooking. I hate electrical equipment malfunctions. It usually ends up costing money you really didn't want to spend - least of all on a new fridge!!! XX

LeisaB NewMe said...

Good luck with the freezer and all of the onflowing jobs in relation to it. Are you sure that something didn't spill in there creating the watery mess....I have done that myself before when loading up ice cubes - just a thought anyway. Hope it all works out.

Glenys said...

You poor thing!! I have days like that sometimes. My new fridge was looked at 3 times in 18 months.

Hope you have a great weekend.
BFN.

Anne said...

Good on you! Wonder woman! A hair dryer to melt the ice works sometimes too! Hope the rest of the day is relaxing.

Emily said...

Go you home-handywoman you! I sooo would have got one of the husbands to do that!!!

michelle said...

See we woman can do anything!! LOL about the peas as I often have that problem in my freezer. I have fixed my washing machine twice, didn't know what I was doing, but both times it was simple blocakages.

Felicity said...

Just watch with taking the 'cap'off alsorts of stuff get stuck and causes blockages frther down the tube. Busy day hope u did manage to get a little bit of down time.

Mary said...

Good going Suzy! I love your style and determination. Have a really nice weekend girl :-)

M said...

How funny. I just wrote something about the silliness of things created by men. Well done to you and your screwdriver LOL Enjoy your bubble bath

Leighanne said...

Good on you for fixing the problem! Hope you enjoyed that bubble bath:)

jak said...

Yay! WTG on fixing the freezer! :)

Me said...

Well done on fixing the freezer - sometimes I think we don't realise what we are capable of until pushed !!! Great work Suzy !!!
Me