13 September 2005

Beautiful Rainbow



I took this photo from my back porch the other day. Aren't rainbows amazing!? So beautiful. It is like the weather is trying to be nasty but the rainbow is trying to make everything beautiful again. It really looks lovely enough to have a pot of gold at the end of it doesn't it.


I just finished reading "Confessions of a Reformed Dieter" by A J Rochester. I think all those of us who have lost weight or tried to lose weight could relate well to her book.

It also made me think about goals, making goals and reaching goals and realising that we can really do anything we want to in life if we set our mind to it.

And determination - if we are really determined to reach our goal we can do it. A setback one day or one week shouldn't spell the end. The easy thing to do if things don't go our way is to give up, but if we just re-focus, get back to the basics of why we wanted to reach our goal in the first place we will get there.

It also made me wonder why some of us spend our lives wishing we had written a book, or travelled the world, or started a business or ........................
and some of us "just do it" as Katey Weighty would say. So from now on I will just do it!

9 comments:

Doug Bagley said...

What a beautiful picture! Good for you for reaching your weight goal.

Doug Bagley said...

Hey, nice to hear from you. Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them.

Karen said...

great photo! And I must tell you, I find your posts very inspiring. Determination is the key. I will keep going.
Karen

M said...

Fantastic. I love rainbows and I think they are very inspiring as you cannot have one without both sunshine and rain. Just like life.

I loved that book. It really cleared up a lot of things for me.

You have a great view :)

Jaykay said...

Wow, that's a fantastic photo. I love rainbows.

I certainly need to find my goals again. Will keep looking for them, they've got to be around here somewhere!!

Me said...

What a fantastic photo - maybe you could take up photography as one of the "Do It Anyway" items on your list !
Take care and thank you for your lovely comments !
Me

Chris Powell said...

Cool pic. i love seeing images of Back home. I booked my flight home for christmas today so theres no need to get homesick.

Emily said...

Great rainbow! I really liked your post today, lots of really good points. Food for thought!

Em said...

Hi Suzy
I guess our weight loss journey is like that rainbow,we have our goals and strive to reach them even if we have a hiccup along the way and reaching our goal weight is our pot of gold. Congratulations on reaching and maintaining your goal weight. Am just about to go look at your recipes. Take care