11 September 2005

Crafty Weekend



I have had a great weekend. My Dear Grand-daughter (12) came to stay and we decided that , as it was a rainy, horrible day, we would go to Spotlight and have a look. While we were there she fell in love with some Hello Kitty material and I told her I would make her a tote bag (I'm not a seamstress, but like to dabble in crafty things). We then found some chain, beads and charms and decided to make some jewellery. We came home and had some great fun making all these things. She also covered a notebook with the leftover Kitty material.
We even had fun at the supermarket, where they had a lot of food promotions on and we tried everything from blue vein cheese to spreadable tuna.
Today we had McDonalds for lunch (lean beef burgers, of course) and then she had a sherbert cone from Wendys and I had a chocollo in a baby cone (yum!!!).

11 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a great weekend and it's fun to make things with your hands. I love making bags too when you find a great piece of material :-)

Rachel said...

Great work! I'm glad you've spent some excellent quality time with your granddaughter, making some lovely craft work : )
I'm one step closer to my new room: I popped into Mitre 10 today and got some paint charts!
PS: Have you been getting spammed on Blogger that you're now not allowing anonymous posts? Just wondering, as I've now done the same myself. For my last post I got spamed five times within an hour! Grrrr...

M said...

That is fantastic. I love doing crafty stuff and the boys like it too but it is boys crafty stuff and I really love girly crafty stuff. I adore the bracelet. Does she take orders? LOL Have a great day Suzy. :)

Me said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a miserable day ! Take care and have a great week.
Me

Melinda said...

What a lovely time you must have had Suzy and how lucky you are to have such a sweet grandaughter and for her to her you as a grandmother...both blessed!
You became a grandmother young.....looks like I am going to be an older one, although I have 6 step grandchildren but I can't wait for my very own!
Bye Bronwyn

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!

- u said...

is it normal that now i want your hello kitty bag & matching notebook? :oD (i adore dim sims too!! and i made some chicken dips today for the same reason: taste naughty but quite healthy!)

Emily said...

How clever are you nanna!! Your granddaughter is very lucky :-)

Leighanne said...

What a lovely way to spend the weekend!
Like M I only have boys all they want to do is make slime at the moment- I love doing girly things:)

Sarah said...

I want you as a Grandmother!!! I am sure she had just as much fun!
What is that spreadable tuna like? i am a bit dubious but it sure would be handy!

Chris Powell said...

hey, just letting u know that friends have visited your blog from the comments on mine and you have inspired one in particular to become fitter and healthier. Well done

On something unrelated, i have put more pics on my blog from my weekend away so it would be cool if u could check them out if u have time.