14 September 2005

Four months of maintaining

I have now been maintaining my weight for four months! I really don't have much change in my weight each week now, so that is good. The winter walking challenge helped me get into the habit of going for a walk as well as my 30 minutes jogging on the tramp. I have been having one and sometimes two days off exercise each week as well the last two weeks, and I am still the same weight. I think the days I exercise more I tend to eat more as well, so it all balances out.

I only have a couple of larger size items of clothing left in my wardrobe and last night I tried on a pair of crop pants from last year. They literally fell off!!! Sometimes when I try on smaller clothes in the shops I think to myself that sizes must have changed and it isn't really me who has changed size. So last night confirmed to me that it is me who has shrunk and not the clothes that have suddenly grown! How weird that our mind seems to take a long time to catch up to our body!

It is great to see that more of our blogging friends are reaching their goal weight or have nearly reached it.

It will be interesting to see how everyone else feels about themselves when they reach goal weight. We are so lucky to be able to share these feelings.

15 comments:

reggy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kathrynoh said...

It is weird isn't it? I used to think my clothes had shrunk in the wash, now I think they have stretched :)

Well done on your maintaining efforts!

- u said...

i agree. our mind can have a hard time communicating with our bodies... for me, it took me ages to realize i had gained more than "a little weight" and that "chubby" didn't quite fit the description anymore. i mean, i kept having to buy bigger sizes in clothes, but it just never connected! and now i feel as if i haven't even really lost weight. i can see it in the clothes, but my mind doesn't see it in my body or how it feels...
i love the fact that we can share, it helps us keep a perspective and this is particularly welcome from people who are going/have gone through a similar process.
i'd love to get to the point where i say: i've been maintaining now for four months! :oD

jak said...

What a great post Suzy and congratulations on 4 months of maintenance! You're so right about our minds often needing to play catch up with our bodies - that is an advantage of going the slow and steady weight loss route so that there's isn't such a gap along the way.

flutterbye said...

Congrats on your 4 months of maintaining. Thats fabulous!!!

Kim

Kate said...

Woohoo for shrinking!! And that is awesome that you have maintained your weight for so long, that's really great! Well done!

Sue said...

WOW your maintenance record is brilliant!

Glenys said...

Fantastic Sue that you have been able to maintain your weight all the way through winter as well. Craft things look great too, you just gave me a new idea for the school holidays, thanks.
BFN

Sarah said...

Well Done! Its so motivating to see that you have stuck to your goal weight and arent struggling to stay there!! I definatly think getting into the exercise habit and KEEPING it is going to be the thing for my maintainence. And thanks I do feel better today!

Slim Suzy said...

Glenys, where is your blog? Do you have one anymore? I can't access it if you have. Sorry.

Em said...

You should be very proud , Well done!!!

M said...

You are so right. When I take clothes in the change rooms I still take a large and a medium. Both fit but the medium fits better. Soon I will have to start taking a medium and a small ;)

Congrats on your maintenance. It is fantastic.

Me said...

Have to agree with M - went shopping tonight and took a 12 and 14 shirt to try on - but the 10 fitted the best !!!!
Well done on maintaining - that is my next goal.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

The Libran said...

Yes I did have a wonderful loss this week...2.6kgs...
Cheers Lynne

Mary said...

Has it really been 4 months already!? You are so amazing and what a great example you are to anyone who says that we'll put it all back on, thank you! I hope you are having a great weekend :-)