16 September 2005

Fun Run/Walk







OMG, I find this very hard to believe, but I am actually entering a fun run/walk on Sunday! DH is running a half marathon and instead of sitting in the car knitting like I usually do, I am going to enter the 5km walk. No, I won't be running. I don't run, but as I have been doing so much walking, I thought I might as well fill in the time by walking instead of sitting. When I told DH he almost fell off the chair and then came over to me to see if I had a temperature and was delusional. But no, I was sane and cool at the temple so he realised I wasn't kidding.

DH has been running for years, mainly because he loves to run. Anyway we all know the story of me not being well, deciding to become healthier and gradually starting to walk more and more. No, he wasn't pushing me at all. In fact, even though he runs a lot he eats quite unhealthily (when he can get away with it) and doesn't try to encourage me to run at all. He enjoys the loneliness of long distance running.

So we are leaving at 6am on Sunday (the run/walk is 160kms away), after eating pancakes for breakfast, and he will start his run an hour before my walk starts and we should finish about the same time. Unless I decide to enter the 10km walk! How exciting!

13 comments:

LeisaB NewMe said...

Suzy that is fantastic. I hope you have a great time. I challenge myself each year for the last 3 years by going in the Bridge to Brisbane. It is a 4.2k walk but each year I try to get a better and better time. Who knows you may get the bug and travel around the countryside to walk and walk and walk. Have fun.lb

Leighanne said...

Good on you for doing the walk!! You will have a great time - can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Emily said...

Thats so awesome! Heve fun, it sounds like a great experience.

Well done on 4 months of maintaining too, thats quite an achievement!!

jak said...

WTG Suzy! That is really, really awesome. I hope you have a great time, and I can't wait to hear all about how you go! :)

Me said...

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO - good for you !!! What a great idea to walk instead of knit - you can knit in the car all the way there and all the way back !!!
We used to do lots of 5km walks in South Africa (about 5 of us who worked together) and always enjoyed them - those people with kids brought them along and the guys used to wait at the end for us chatting away - a great evening for all.
Good luck - will be thinking of you on Sunday - if the weather is good we will be either walking or cycling before I start on the weeding !
Take care and look after yourself !
Me

Jaykay said...

Yay Suzy....we'll have you running 1/2 marathons yet.

Good luck, I know you'll do just fine. Hope it's a lovely sunny day for you. Please let us know how you go.

Have a fantastic weekend

michelle said...

You will love it Suzy. I wish I lived closer and could come with you. What a change in your life you have made. I am sure you will enter many more.

Em said...

Good for you Suzy, that is so exciting. I am looking forward to hearing all about it as well. I hope you have a great day.
Take care
Emi

M said...

Whooo Hoooo. You will have a blast. And once you get the hang of it you can knit and walk at the same time. LOL. Well maybe not ;)

Have fun. Looking foward to the wrap up on your return. Have a great weekend

missjesse said...

Thats great Suzy! I am sure you will feel fantastic at the end and so full of pride!

Felicity said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow all the very best.

Mary said...

Fantastic! How funny to hear that Dh nearly feel of the chair also LOL :-) This sounds great and I hope you have a awesome day!

- u said...

wow! i didn't even get that it was your first run! 8oO