18 September 2005

My first certificate!

















Yay! I ended up walking the 10km walk. My time was 91 minutes 25 seconds. I was equal fourth (we were last - there were only two men and 3 women doing the walk)! I was pleased with the time though and we weren't too far behind the winner so we certainly weren't in disgrace!

My walk started at 9am, the same time as the half marathon run and half marathon walk. I didn't know anyone there (except DH), so I said hello to one girl and asked her whether she was a fast walker. "No" she said, "I only came for the nice scenery" she said. SURE SHE DID! I started off with her for about 10 steps and realised I was in real trouble. She walked really fast. The other woman kept up to her fairly well. I dropped back with the two blokes and we strode out quite well and the pace was certainly fast enough for me. It was lovely countryside though and a bit hilly, but not too steep, just a gentle climb, so I survived. One bloke strode ahead after the half way mark and ended up racing past the girl who had been in the lead and he won (I was secretly pleased he passed her, that was the Bit#@iness coming out in me!).

Anyway we had fun. DH survived his half marathon and was quite happy with his time and I was happy that I can actually walk 10kms and keep up with people who do it quite often. I realised after I started that the serious walkers had chosen the 10km walk instead of the 5km walk and if I didn't want to straggle behind too much I had to make an effort, so I did, and I received my first ever walking certificate. (Probably first ever sport certificate if the truth was known!).

22 comments:

michelle said...

That is brilliant Suzy. You are a legend. now look for the next one. You look great in your photot too. Slim and trim.

Mary said...

This is fantastic Suzy! Good on you for giving it a go and now you have a certificate! LOL at the bitchiness :-) You do look fantastic!

flutterbye said...

Congrats Suzy!!!

Me said...

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - well done - good for you. Hope you have a special place to put your certificate and that you will be collecting more along the way !
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Emily said...

Wow, I'm impressed!! Hope you are getting it framed and hung up somewhere special.

You look fab and sporty in your photo!!

- u said...

WOW! i love walking! if there was a place that did this here, i'd love to participate! (except for the horrid pollution)
and it's even better when, with the certificate, you also know you've had fun! :o)

Kate said...

Well done! As Mary said - good on you for giving it a go - and getting your first certificate!! :-)

Word verification: hndjws (handjaws!)

jak said...

WTG Suzy, that's so awesome! Congratulations on a great time, and getting your certificate! You're looking fit and fab in that photo, too! :)

Leighanne said...

Glad to hear you had a great time!!
The photo looks great - really sporty!
Yay for getting a certificate, are you going to frame it, and put it up so everyone can see??
You should be so proud:)

Em said...

Congratulations Suzy, that is so awsome to get your first walking certificate.Great time too definately puts my walking time to great shame on my treadmill lol. I agree with the rest you do look great in your pic as well,take care

Felicity said...

awesome effort Suzy, i can tell from your post that u r pleased as punch

M said...

Well done Suzy. That is just so cool. You look great. You sound great. And you have a certificate to prove it all. Bonus that the scenery was great too..

You know this could get addictive now ;)

Melinda said...

Well, done Suzy, you are really a great motivator.....and look soooo fit in the photo.
Cheers Bronwyn

kathrynoh said...

Sounds much more fun than knitting! Soon you'll be beating your DH on those marathons!

Re: the question you left on my blog about spin class - they are tiring but in a good way, and you have control over the resistance on the bike (although sometimes I think being 20-30 kilos heavier than anyone else in the class is resistance enough).

Sue said...

Well done - that must be a fantastic feeling!

Jodie said...

Well done!! I haven't caught up on the previous posts from the past week but will read on when I get a chance. It feels great to achieve something you never thought was possible without the weight loss. XX

Rachel said...

Excellent achievement, Suzy! I need to get my butt into gear and start walking again... heck, I even have a pedometer!

Jods said...

Well done Suzy.

How proud you must be of yourself. That certificate should take pride of place in the house - at least until you get your next one!

LeisaB NewMe said...

Congratulations on a wonderful achievement - great photo as well and you don't even look puffed 8-)

missjesse said...

I lOVE THAT picture of you!

The Libran said...

Well done Suzy
Hopefully that will be me also in a year..or less....lol
Love Lynne

Chris Powell said...

hey suzy. Congrats. U look great in the photo. Its the first real pic that I have sen of u other than your profile. You will have to put up a new profile photo up because you look so different now.