01 September 2005

Out came the sunshine......


Happy first of Spring.

Out came the sunshine and dried up all the rain. There is a lot of flooding here. I am high and dry though.

I spare a thought for those poor people in parts of USA who have had loss of lives and property due to the hurricane. It is so sad.


On a more trivial note: I don't buy many WW food products. Even though they have the points values on them I find them quite expensive and I tend to buy other brands and work out the points value. I bought a WW chocolate dessert just to try some weeks ago and have only just made it. Yes, it tastes very nice, but I am amazed to read that it has 13.5g of sugar in the one serve size packet! It also has 227mg of sodium, which I find is rather high as well. OK, so it is only 1 point per packet, but what about the sugar???

9 comments:

michelle said...

I have found a few products where alternate brands are lower in kj, fat or sugar. Cheese, margarine, cookies etc. Pays to read the labels. Love your little pictures. And I so agree spring is here and I am so glad winter has gone.

Kate said...

The WW stuff is expensive, and alot of them have that disgusting artificial sugar in them, which is so not good for you. There are lots of alternatives, especially over in Aussie!
Yay for Spring!! :-)

missjesse said...

I agree that the products are expensive, and you can find other alternatives. Hvae just been catching up on all the posts I missed whilst I was away, and I see the choccie monster is at your house too! He's lived at mine for a looooong time, I think it is definetly time to get rid of him. He certainly isn't helping with the rent!

Jesse

Elisa said...

You are totally right about both price and sugar content, it really does pay to take the time and read labels...
Spring has sprung....thank goodness!

Jodie said...

True - I don't buy many products from the WW range at all. Actually I hardly ever look at the entire label other than for the sat fat and kj content to work out points. But if I'm going to buy a dessert then I treat the whole as sugar points. I suppose I'm a little more laid back about the whole sugar points bizzo. Interest thought non the less.

Yay for Spring. The last 2 days have been glorious in Sydney but send some of that rain up here would you!! XX

Danatasia said...

I agree, I found that by looking around I could get the same thing cheaper in another brand, with equivalent or less fat and sugar (and points) than the WW products. A lot of them taste a whole lot better too. The only WW products I buy now are the fruit cereal bars, as I really like them, and the cream cheese.

Danatasia said...

oh yeah, thanks for the comment on my pic :)

Mary said...

YAY for Spring! I really don't like many of the WW products and worked out alternatives straight away. I am slowly trying to ween myself off processed food too. Trying to the do the wholefoods thing. I hope you are enjoying your first Spring day for the year :-)

Melinda said...

Thanks heaps for leaving a comment on my blog, Suzie. I hope I get as clever with it as you.

I stay clear of most of the WW products as I think they have far too many additives and are way too expensive.

Cheers Bronwyn