02 September 2005

You can eat a lot of the right food

Looking back over my food diary for the last few weeks I have decided that we can really eat a lot of food and not put on weight, as long as it is the right food. I am almost never hungry. I snack a lot and I eat sensible, but certainly not tiny, portions at meal times. Of course the difference is that now I am eating low fat, lower carbohydrate and healthier foods. But they are still mostly delicious. I really don't feel that I am missing out on anything. I am still craving chocolate, but after my 2 weeks are up I have decided to eat small amounts of chocolate each day if I feel like it. You know the saying "French women don't get fat" and that is because they don't deprive themselves of any food they really desire, they just eat small amounts of good quality and tasty foods such as chocolate and cheese and fresh crusty breads, fresh fruit, vegetables and lean meats, fish and nuts. Sounds good to me!

I knew my Mother must have given me a French name (Suzanne) for a reason!

11 comments:

LeisaB NewMe said...

Hi Suzy - I agree with your thoughts on eating a lot of food. It just takes a little bit more preparation and thought and having the good items on hand. I especially love hot corn with salt & cracked pepper. I keep a supply of frozen cobs in the freezer - best thing - IT IS FREE....YAY. Have a great weekend.lb

Elisa said...

You are so right there suzy. Surround yourself with healthy nutritious food and you cant help but eat it...

Kate said...

We can definitely eat more than we think we can at times, as you said, as long as it is the healthy kind of food. I like that saying about french women, because it's true. Small small portions, are fine.

The Libran said...

I agree also Suzie
It always comes down to the old saying...little bits of everything are good for you and don't over indulge....Have a great weekend...
Cheers Lynne

kathrynoh said...

I think that you can't go wrong if your motives for eating are "pure"... if you want chocolate because you want chocolate and not because you want comfort or love or a friend then eat chocolate, I say.

And we really are so lucky. When I read blogs from other countries and they talk about how hard and expensive it is to get good produce, I really appreciate living in Australia.

missjesse said...

Thats really good to know (about the food and staying the same weight) because as I one day plan to be at goal weight it seems to be pain free maintaining.

Jesse

Me said...

You are right about the food - you can eat heaps without putting on weight so long as it is the correct food. I don't understand people when they say that they are hungry on WW because there is a lot of choice and variety.
Take care and be good !
Me

Melinda said...

I agree, Suzy, as I know when I stick to the points, eat the right food groups and use portion control I am never hungry.

Thanks for telling me how to attach the ticker to my blog.

Cheers Bronwyn

A Girl Running said...

I always love your entries Suzy - they are educating and interesting =)

Love the new photo too

Mary said...

Firstly, a cuppa or a baileys would be nice right about now LOL :-) Love this post and I like the way you look at the healthier lifestyle. Have you read that book that's out with the same title "French women..."? I agree, smalelr portions is the key. Thanks for all your comments Suzy! You girls have all made me feel better. I think I would have otherwise eaten and cried. Not now!

- u said...

as they say in the u.s. of a.: amen! (you said it lady!)