19 October 2005

Don't tell anyone!



Don't tell anyone but I went to the YMCA gym again today and I had the whole place to myself again!!!! I can't believe it. It opens at 9.30 and I went at 9.45am and there was no-one in the gym except me! It is like having my own private gym! I know most people work, but I would have thought there would be some other people using it during the day. There were lots of cars there but those people were playing indoor bowls in one area and there was a childrens' playgroup in another. Aren't I lucky?!!!!
I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the rowing machine, 15 minutes on the exercise bike and 10 minutes of various weight bearing arm exercises. Really felt like I had done something when I finished, so I was quite pleased. Walked home happily in the sunshine and didn't feel guilty about sitting and sewing this afternoon.
Hope everyone is having a great week!

10 comments:

Mary said...

Now that's the kind of gym I want! *sshhhh*

M said...

If you keep writing posts like that there will a mass exodus of the main land and people will be joining your gym. And then you won't have it all to yourself. You lucky duck :)

Kate said...

That sounds like a great kind of gym! :-)

Leighanne said...

I wanna go to your gym too...

Melinda said...

Oh, you are so lucky and I am so envious....you go girl and enjoy!

kathrynoh said...

Sounds good but I think I'd get a bit freaked out. I've been at the pool a couple of times on my own and that freaked me - I think I just have a far too active imaginaton!

Em said...

I wish there was something like that here..... glad you feel good about it all.

The Libran said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog suzy....I can't understand why I haven't got my period this month...maybe its my age...lol
who knows...but I am alot more positive this morning and after weighing in yesterday, I went for a real long walk and another one this morning with hubby...
Take care and you are an inspiration to me
Love Lynne

Sue said...

A private gym - how luxurious. I don't mind most of the regulars where I go, but there is one who smells (not clean sweat smell, unwashed gym gear smell) Blech!

Jaykay said...

How lucky are you!! At 6am when I get to the gym it's busy even then!

Oh to have the gym to myself!