26 October 2005

Just another day












Not much to report lately. I made
  • Philippa's
  • Magnificent Meat Loaf on Monday and it was delish! Great to have cold the next day too.

    Glad to report that I still haven't met anyone at "my" gym! Went on Monday and again today. I will go tomorrow morning as well.

    I have been reading a lot about the benefits of walking. I seem to power walk when I walk fast (don't care what it looks like). I read that the only thing you don't get by walking instead of running is more injuries, otherwise the health benefits are as great by walking. I can't convince DH of this, but I don't care. I really enjoy fast walking rather than running, so I will continue.

    So if you haven't got time to go to the gym or use your exercise equipment at home - power walk to the shop, or to work or to post your letters or any time you need to walk anywhere. I figure people will get used to seeing me power walk down to the shop.

    Actually I forgot to tell you, I got the giggles on Sunday at the Fun Run/Walk. I met a woman who looked lonely and we started talking. Then my DH came along and I introduced him. We were all in our walking/running gear. Then her DH came along and she introduced him (4 middle aged, wanting to be young and fit people getting excited about their exercise). It reminded me so much of "Kath and Kel" from the "Kath & Kim" episode where they thought they didn't have any friends and went out on their power walk in their gear and met a couple who looked exactly like them and acted and spoke like them. Of course I couldn't tell anyone why I was giggling, just had to hold it in till after the race when I could talk to DH.

    Anyway, who cares, we had fun and you're a long time dead!

    12 comments:

    kathrynoh said...

    I love walking, I just wish the weather in Melbs would be predictable enough so I could plan my walks - it's sunny one minute, storms the next atm.

    I bet you are nothing like Kath, still good that you got a giggle out of it.

    Philippa said...

    Glad you liked the meat loaf Suzy -it's fantastic, isn't it? Thanks for giving me a rave review!

    I love Kath and Kim - that episode was one of the funniest in season 2. Sometimes when David and I go walking, he starts doing a few Kel moves. He looks very daggy!!

    Hope you're having a great day xo

    Em said...

    Guess I should do more walking then I actually do, now that the weather is warmer and daylight saving is just around the corner be good to go for walks with the girls. I t is all about enjoying life and you certainly do that :-)

    Jodie said...

    I must have missed that recipe. I have now copied it and will definately try it when I return from holidays.

    Walking is definately the best exercise probably because it is so versatile. You can do it anywhere at anytime. Cheap too! XX

    Emily said...

    LOL at the Kath & Kim pic!!

    Walking is great, and I don't know if people do it enough. At the moment I'm enjoying running because it challenges my fitness more than walking does, but that could all change if I have an injury!

    Leighanne said...

    I love walking too ~ running is a bit to 'bouncy' for me! Big chested girls and running just don't work well...lol

    M said...

    Are you sure that isn't a photo of you guys?? LOL. What a crack up. Walking is great and I love it. Do love the out of breath feeling of jogging for a few minutes though.

    Have a great day :)

    Mello4me said...

    Ahahaha that is a crack up your Kath and Kel incident!!! hehe I have a great laugh if I flick over to watch them!!

    I had to share my funny word varification - iduuumb
    Lovely huh!!

    Kate said...

    Lmao, that cracked me up! I love Kath + Kim!

    Me said...

    qrkofhd'I enjoy walking and Al and I have been trying to get walking most days while he is here. We are also trying to cycle on the weekends depending on the weather.
    Had to laugh and your image of Kath and Kel - they can only make you smile, can't they ?
    Take care and have a good one !
    Me

    Mary said...

    Hehe, that's great! I think you are fantastic Suzy and find you really inspiring. I agree with the walking, it's much better for you in terms of less injuries. It's much better for fat burning too and I should know, that's how I lost most of my weight :-) In saying that though, it's great to mix your exercise up too. So cool about your gym experience. Have a great end to the week!

    Jaykay said...

    I've been told that I shouldn't run more than 2km, and build it up slowly due to my hip injury, so it looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of power walking in between my runs!!