09 October 2005

My first Burnie Ten













Great day for the Burnie Ten today! Weather was 19 degrees (much warmer than it has been lately here). It was a bit windy, but no rain thank goodness. I was determined to walk the whole way, although I was so tempted to jog to start as most people were jogging and running and there were almost 2,500 people in the race! I wanted to see if I could better my walk time for my 1st 10km walk a few weeks ago, and I did! I walked the Burnie Ten in 85 minutes (1:25:00). I was really pleased as this was 6 minutes faster than my last walk. DH finished the run well and came back to check on me. I told him I was on a mission and I couldn't talk, so he jogged away and waited for me to finish. After all the jokes about all my pedometers, I forgot to wear one! It would have been about 14,500 steps.

4 comments:

Mary said...

WHOO HOO well done Suzy! It's great to beat your PB. LOL at the pedometer. I bet I'll forget mine too on Sunday :-)

jak said...

WTG Suzy!! Awesome! :)

Em said...

You must be very proud to have beaten your last walk time..well done!!!

Thinner Nancy said...

Yay Suzy. You are a legend!

:O)