13 October 2005

Weights workout



I admire all those mothers who push prams and strollers every day. You all must have muscles of steel!
I just took my smallest grand-daughter (almost 3) for a walk to the shops. We were fine going down. I even went the long way, as I was feeling energetic. The trip home was a different story! Pushing a stroller and a 3-year-old and a couple of bags of groceries hanging off the side (up hill) surely must be a pretty good workout! Those of you with small children do this all the time, so you know what I mean.
Anyway it was very enjoyable, despite being hard work. She is now asleep and I will have a cuppa and finish reading my WW magazine. Very motivating issue this month. I actually subscribed yesterday too, after making sure that I was included in the free filter jug offer. The jug will be good to get me back on track with my water drinking.
Hope everyone's week is going well.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I never thought of a stroller being a workout. Mmmm, maybe time to have kids LOL :-) I like the this month's mag too and I love the *real* people they write about each week, very inspirational. YAY for getting a BRITA jug. They are great and helped me in the beginning when I wouldn't drink water because I thought it tasted bad. The filter changes the taste! Which reminds me, I should be drinking more of it.

Rachel said...

I can totally relate to that. Try walking with a baby in the buggy and a toddler in a toddler seat on top! However, the then-toddler (now preschooler) is now walking full-time, and I'm just having to steer the buggy with one hand and hold the hand of the preschooler with the other : )
We got a filter installed beside the kitchen tap - jugs are great, but you have to remember to refill them. We used to have a Brita jug, but it's nice to have great tasting water on tap

Sue said...

Think my boy's a bit big for a buggy now! Have to get my workout at the gym still.

jak said...

We have both a filter tap, and a sunbeam filter cooler thingo. I love my water! Yay for the BRITA jug, they are awesome, we just don't have room in our fridge for one! :)

Like Mary I had never considered the stroller to be a workout, but listening to your description it sounds like pretty tough going!

Jodie said...

Pushing kids around is definately a good work out. I love the subscription to the WW magazine. That was the first thing I did after I joined back in Feb last year and subscribed for 2 years. You are right - the new magazine is great. I love reading the success stories in there. XX

Melinda said...

Sounds like you really earned that nice cuppa and a read of your mag. Love filtered water.....I got a filter water jug when we had major flooding here a few years ago and the water was not safe to drink. Hmmm just might go and have a big drink!

Leighanne said...

Now I'll go have to buy the mag too!!

Em said...

Filtered water is so much tastier, I have a pottery one and just keep filling up my 600 ml bottles. I got the WW mag yest, I find it so inspiring just wish it would come out mthly. Take care

M said...

LOL. I think that is why my arms always stayed a bit toned underneath the weight as I was always pushing, or lifting, or throwing children. Now that the fat is going down, the nice arms are coming out.

Hope your arms recovered nicely