04 October 2005

WW pedometer

A few months ago I moaned about how unhappy I was with my WW pedometer and I bought a new Omron one (which is very accurate). I finally decided to stop moaning about the WW one and actually do something about it. It wrote a letter to WW and returned it and asked them if they could either fix it (free of charge) or discard it, as it was no use to me the way it was. I had a nice surprise today. I received a brand new one in the post! I haven't tried it yet as DH and I had just come back from a long walk into town (Subway again, 10km round trip), but I will try it out tomorrow and hopefully have better luck this time.

We walked to town and by the time we arrived my socks felt terrible. They were new ones that I hadn't tried before and they seemed to have too much nylon or something in them. We went to Best & Less and I bought a pack of three pairs of sports socks (mens), cotton blend, but they felt OK. And guess what! They came with a free pedometer! DH wore it home and it was very accurate. I changed my socks before we walked home and the new ones were fine. Glad I found out about the others before the Burnie 10!

Anyway now I have 4 pedometers! DH can't believe what a nutcase I am becoming about my stepping! He suggested I start a new trend and wear all four to the Burnie 10!

Seriously though, I really think that wearing a pedometer encourages me to walk more. I only wear it for planned walks, not around the house and it encourages me to walk the long way everywhere. Surely that is a good thing!

16 comments:

jak said...

LOL @ your hubby's suggestion of wearing all 4 pedos! Hehehe

Good on you for returning the pedo to WW - and how awesome they sent you a new one! I hope it works properly this time around.

Emily said...

I couldn't be without mine now - pedometers are the best! I wear mine from the minute I first step into the kitchen in the morning, right through til bed-time. I like it that way, because it counts all my incidental activity too, and encourages me to get up and move around more, even when its not a planned walk.

I would seriously consider putting all 4 on though and going for a test walk to check the accuracy on all 4.

Jaykay said...

You can never have too many is my motto!!

Me said...

I think it would be good to try them all together to see which one is the most accurate !
Great to hear that WW sent you a replacement one.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Sarah said...

LOL! Maybe you should wear a couple at a time (one on each side?) and see how comparable the number of steps is!?
Just for fun

LeisaB NewMe said...

I agree Suzy - the pedometers really make you think about how much you are actually moving. Have fun with all those pedometers 8-)

kathrynoh said...

I've been thinking about getting a pedometer, maybe i need to get the one that comes free with socks :) i got a cheapie once from Priceline and it was very inaccurate.

Kellee said...

I need to get one of those things - they sound like they give you lots more motivation! Congrats at 4 months of being at goal - it's hard work, but well worth it, and you've done so well to keep it off.

Leighanne said...

I also need to look for my one and start using it!!

Rachel said...

hah hah! Funny to read about wearing all four pedometers - would be an interesting *look* ; )
They're wonderful things aren't they!

Mello4me said...

Hehe thats a great idea wearing all four at once can you add all the steps up then!!
I find it motivates me to get in as many steps as I possibly can!!!!!

Em said...

4 pedometers omg lol.Good to hear that WW sent you a new pedometer, Take care

michelle said...

walking socks!!! you are definitely a committed walker.

- u said...

good on you for getting a new ww pedometer & for all the walking! :o)

Kate said...

Lol @ all your pedometers - that's cool! :-) Oooh, and I love best and less now - bought Amelia some gorgeous clothes from there.

The Libran said...

You are right about the pedometer....I wear mine all the time and it sure does encourage me to walk or to get up and turn the telly off instead of using the remote...goodonya for returning it to WW and getting it replaced...Cheers Lynne