01 November 2005

Go Makybe Diva!


















Last year I bought my first hat. Just in case I ever go to a horse race, I decided I needed a hat. On Sunday we are going to the Races and I tried on my hat. It had a large brim and didn't look nice. I have never worn it and I decided to re-model it and make it smaller (like me!). I cut off the brim and cut and shut it a bit and here it is. I quite like it now.

So, as I had a small flutter on the Melbourne Cup - Makybe Diva to win - I decided to try on my dress and hat and watch the Cup. Won't have a wine (by myself), but will have a cuppa and hope that the Diva can come up with a hat-trick for the Melbourne Cup and show all the males that a female can go against all odds and do whatever she sets her mind to!

OK, so the ironing can wait until tomorrow!

P.S. This is fatter me in my fatter hat.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Oh you are gorgeous Suzy and quite crafty! Have fun watching the race and looking fabulous and yes, the ironing CAN wait :-)

M said...

Whooo Hoooo. You look fantastic and congratulations on the Diva for making it three in a row. I hope you had put the house on it. I had a small flutter (50 cents to be exact) so not quite enough to give up my day job.

You did an fantastic job on that hat.

Time to break out the bubbly :)

kathrynoh said...

Wow, you did wonders with that hat! Congratuations on your win too.

Philippa said...

You look gorgeous! And the hat looks great too - how clever you are.

You must be thrilled that Diva won!

Kate said...

You look absolutely gorgeous, and do does the hate!! By the way, you don't look your age at all!

Sue said...

Ironing can always wait till tomorrow!

Leighanne said...

The hat looks great - I have to find one for thursday, as the girls are going out for Oaks day lunch!
Yay the Diva won!!
I only put $10 to win ~ so back to work for me:)

Julie's journey said...

Yay for The Diva.
Great hat and dress - how clever.
Enjoy the races.
What's ironing?

Emily said...

Tee hee, go Girl Power! Great photo, great hat. Have fun spending your winnings!

Melinda said...

You look great in your sexy little hat and I bet you enjoyed watching the race a lot more than doing the ironing!

Em said...

You look lovely and you did such a great job with your hat. I have racing in my blood and do enjoy a day at the races and a small flutter. My sweep horse is still running, bummer though as it was worth 1600 dollars lol but was good to see Makybe Diva win. Glad you are enjoying the gym and great pics. Take care

Sarah said...

lovely hat - you are very clever to have remodeled it! And nice choice of horse, I knew she would win!!

Cath said...

Oh I do like the hat, can't quite picture it bigger... well, brimmier... but I do like.

Jodie said...

The new look hat is much nicer. I hope you had a lovely day at the races. Jamie & I love going to the races and having a punt. XX