21 November 2005

I love picnics









I love picnics, barbecues and eating outside. Lately I have been making up any excuse to go for a picnic. When we lived in Newcastle, I was amazed at the amount of people out picnicing most of the year. I guess the lovely warm weather and the beautiful water views were the winning combination to make people feel like eating outside.

When I make a picnic I always take my rolls/bread and all my ingredients and make up the rolls or sandwiches when I get there. They are so much nicer and don't have a chance to go soggy.

I have changed my muffin recipe slightly, so have deleted the old one and added the new one to my Recipe Blog. They are very large muffins and can be easily sliced into small slices when cold if needed.

Don't you just love this warmer weather!

11 comments:

M said...

Yes, yes, and yummm LOL. I love picnic's too and we will be doing lots more of it now that the weather is improving. Thanks for the updated recipe. :D

kathrynoh said...

Picnics are so much fun. We have a decking out the back so I take my breakfast out there of a morning. It is so much nicer than eating inside.

Sue said...

I was loving the warm weather here in Wellington, but we got hit by a southerly last night and today it's only going to 14. Just when I thought summer might really be coming...

Leighanne said...

I take all the ingredients and make the rolls up when we get there too..so much nicer!!
The kids love eating outside in the nice weather:)

Julie's journey said...

I can feel a picnic coming up. You photos of food always make me peckish - they look so good. Hope the weather holds for this weekend. Our last free one before Christmas.
:o)

Em said...

The girls and I love picnics too and yes must agree with you about Newcastle...... so miss my home town. I always take the ingredients also makes it all the much nicer. Thanx for your continued support on my blog.. take care xx

LeisaB NewMe said...

Hi Suzy - I love being outside as well. We have a pergola outside our back door which leads onto a courtyard and then into the pool...it is so relaxing. I am trying to "do it up" at the moment so it is really lovely for christmas holidays. I have lay-byed an outdoor setting at Target so I am very excited about that and looking forward to chrissy. I think I might try some of your muffins over my holidays.lb

Philippa said...

I love picnics too! Especially this time of year. Haven't been for one over here yet - you've inspired me.

And I've made more date scones! But put them in the freezer in bags of two this time, heh heh :)

Mary said...

Now if only you were in Sydney or me in Tassy! I love picnics too and enjoy the social aspect of it also.

A Girl Running said...

oh funny you should post this because i just bought the most gorgeous picnic setting in a backpack for when my husband gets back..I love picnics

Thinner Nancy said...

Warm Weather? Hello! I am in NZ and it has been raining all sodding week and blowing a gale.

I am going to come and have a picnic with you!

xx