28 November 2005

Low fat croutons














I love Caeser Salad and I have been trying to make a lower fat version. The Kraft CarbWell caeser dressing is just 1 point for 20mls and quite yummy. I have been grilling very lean bacon and making my own croutons. I use extra sharp grated parmesan and I don't have an egg on top and overall it isn't too high in points.

I use leftover bread for my croutons. Cut off crusts. Spray with olive oil spray. Rub on garlic or sprinkle with garlic flakes and sprinkle on some herbs and spices. Cut up into small squares and bake slowly until light brown and crispy. Croutons are yummy and can be frozen for later use. Nice on top of other salads or soups in the winter too (not that we want to think of winter now).

Have a great week everyone.

8 comments:

Philippa said...

Ooh yum, I love croutons on salads and on soups. It's bloody cold here today, so I'm cooking vegetable soup for lunch!

Hope you have an excellent week!

Doug Bagley said...

Suzy,
Those look pretty good to me. I love salads. One of my favorite things to do is go to our local Olive Garden resaraunt and order their garden salad. I guess it's the dressing they use, which probably has way too many calories, but the flavor is fantastic! Thanks, now I'm hungry, LOL.
Doug

Jodie said...

I love ceasar salad and quite often make it as a side with some steak or chicken. They actually make low-fat croutons you can buy in the supermarket also and they are quite yummo!! Well done on your preparation though. You deserve to be commended for it. XX

Em said...

Will definately be trying these, dont mind a Caeser Salad myself and if this weather ever made up its mind could be salad days again.Have a good week.

Leighanne said...

Those croutons sound nice - especially with garlic...yum!!

Kellee said...

That sounds very tasty. I have just had one meal, and now you're making me hungry again!

I just wanted to say that I really like your blog. I don't always post, as I don't always have something interesting to say, but your recipes are fabulous and your pics are very cute. You always seem to be quite happy and upbeat - I suppose that losing 16kg will do that to you! Keep up the good work.

Julie's journey said...

Suzy, if you dont stop posting food I will have to eat your blog. I can be that desperate LOL
:o)

Mary said...

Great idea Suzy! I love ceasar salads, yum.