30 November 2005

Time to get ready!


















December is here tomorrow and it is time to bring out the Christmas decorations and get serious about Christmas shopping and planning meals for Christmas Day.

I love everything about Christmas. I know it is also a sad time for lots of people who have lost their loved ones. The first Christmas morning after my parents died I woke up and cried and cried. Then I thought I must be brave and happy for my children and for all my family who are still here and I mustn't let my sadness ruin the festivities of Christmas. From that time on I have enjoyed Christmas again. Of course I still think of my parents and others who are no longer with us, but I make sure I stay happy and busy and keep the spirit of Christmas alive.


So, have fun everyone. Enjoy yourselves doing your Christmas shopping and have wonderfully happy times at your work and social functions. I hope all your Christmas wishes come true.

12 comments:

Julie's journey said...

I love Christmas too and you are right - Christmas without parents and step parents can be a bit depressing but hey, enjoy the loved ones that you still have around you.
:o)

kathrynoh said...

Sounds like you are going to have a good one. I wasn't going bother much with Christmas this year but I think I might put some pretty fairy lights :)

Em said...

I bought some polystyrone( think thats how you spell it) balls and covered them in some scrap Christmas material and then with a glitter pen wrote the names of my Grandparents who arent with us anymore plus all my family's names and we hang them on our tree... makes them extra near us at this time of the yr :-). Take care

LeisaB NewMe said...

I know it seems to rush upon me quicker and quicker year by year....I am like you and will be putting up my chrissy decos on the weekend. I have a family superstition thing not to put up the chrissy decos before Dec 1 8-)

M said...

I hope all your Christmas wishes come true too Suzy. I have just finished putting up my 'tinsel on the wall' tree and decorated it with stars. As we will be away for most of the season I felt it was too much work to put up the real tree. Now I don't know if I am sad or not. How silly. Of course I am happy.

Ho Ho Ho. Now it is time to crank up the carols bit time :)

Have a great week

Sue said...

24 sleeps to go, 24 sleeps till Santa.
24 sleeps till the big fat fella comes down your chimney and gives you presents and drinks your beer...
24 sleeps till Santa!

Lesley said...

Glad to see you are full of Xmas cheer. I have been avoiding thinking about it till December. Enjoy your preparations.

fattyboombastic said...

December has definitely come so quickly this year. My aunty just died a couple of weeks ago and I will definitely be missing her this Xmas but I will stay happy for the loved ones who are still around. Enjoy your Xmas decorations, sounds very xciting.

Donna said...

I love christmas it's my favourite
time of year
just finished decorating my tree.
i am enjoying your reciepes suzie
they are fantastic.
have a great weekend.

Philippa said...

Sounds like you're going to have a great Christmas. Have you put your tree up yet?!

Mary said...

Xmas will be a little sad at our place this year but there are so many happy things look forward to and a New Year always does wonders to the psyche :-) I hope all your wishes come true too hon and enjoy yourself!

Kellee said...

I'm lucky to still have both my parents, but I know what you mean. I always think about lost loved ones at this time of the year. I like to think that they're out they're somewhere having a drink or three for all of us. Sounds like your Christmas will be rad. I hope you have a really wonderful season.