17 January 2006

Enjoying Summer














We are having BBQ's most nights and I am really enjoying them. The weather has been a bit unpredictable, but we still manage to eat outside most evenings.

I have posted another salad on my Recipe Blog. Hope you like it. It's very easy to make and quite yummy
  • Cous Cous Salad












  • I had a couple of days off exercising. I think the 14km walk on Sunday was enough for me to deserve a rest. Anyway, back to it today and I feel OK.

    Found a new Gym just down the road ($40 a month,open 7 days a week and I can go on a month by month basis, so no huge joining fees etc.), so when my YMCA gym membership expires at the end of March I may give the other one a try. It is much more modern and open longer hours. Just depends how busy it is. I have been really spoilt having the YMCA to myself most days (as you know).

    Everyone sounds so motivated at the moment, which is great.

    9 comments:

    Me said...

    YAY for having BBQ's and being able to eat outside - it really does make the end to your day so good.
    It's great to hear that you are still exercising - so often the exericse regimes that are started fall by the wayside - well done on keeping it going.
    Have a great week !
    Me

    M said...

    Join another gym - when you have your own private one! You are mad LOL. No - I think you just want to show your gym buff body off and there is noone at the YMCA to look :D

    Yum - love the sound of the salad. I think cous cous is delicious.

    Have a great night enjoying BBQing :D

    Lesley said...

    Hi Suzy - Happy New Year - Well done on maintaining through the holidays - I sure hope I can follow your example. Love the lily photo. Is that in your garden?

    Sue said...

    Aaaaaa-choo! Just looking at that lovely lily brings on my hayfever!

    michelle said...

    How long did it takeyou to walk 14km? I am thinking about entering a 14km marathon but there is a time limit and not sure I could make it. Beautiful lily..

    Mary said...

    What a gorgeous photo and the cous cous salad sounds delish! Will be trying that one, thanks. I hope you have a great end to the week :-)

    Jaykay said...

    I think I'm probably the least motivated person around at the moment.....but hopefully I'll get back into it soon.

    Love the sound of a BBQ every night. How easy is it just to slap a piece of meat on, then whip up a salad...my kind of cooking!

    Em said...

    We had a BBQ tonight, they are so good, we dont have them often enough as one can tell cause half way through it down came the rain, luckily everything was undercover this time. I have never tried couscous... will give this a try..

    Doug Bagley said...

    ah, your summers are our winters, which is the best time of year temperature wise in FL. Enjoy!