30 January 2006

Relaxing time at the beach












Sorry these photos are a bit dark but we had to wait till all the children had gone to bed so that we could have a turn!

We had a wonderful time at the beach. We bought a cheap body board and had fun in the waves (can't quite believe we did that, but we did). We went for lots of walks. We took wine and food on one of our walks for a picnic tea. The playground had great equipment, strong enough to hold "big kids" as well as small!

The cabin we stayed in was in a Caravan Park and we were intrigued by all the great looking tents and equipment available these days for a comfortable holiday. We have been bitten by the "camping bug" and have since bought a tent and some camping gear and we will be going camping in a couple of weeks, just for two nights to start with. I found a new caravan park (has only been opened 6 weeks), which has ensuite bathrooms with each powered camp site. That should be a good place for us to start. We can get used to our tent, while still having a few home comforts (toilet and shower are necessary for me to even think about camping). HOW EXCITING!!!! I feel as though I am getting younger as I approach my 50th birthday, instead of older! (I may be going slightly senile, but who cares!)

15 comments:

Mary said...

WOW Suz, you're having heaps more fun than me and I'm not even bloody 30 yet! You are such an ispiration and your zest for life proves to me that just because we get older, it doesn't mean we still can't have fun! When's your bday?

Mary said...

Thanks for your comment Suzy *blush*! We've been following each other's journey for quite some time now and I am honoured to be a part of this with you. I look forward to having a Bailey's sometime together in the future :-) Maybe we should organise a Bloggers Health Retreat down your way!!

Carla said...

sounds like you had a fantastic time! looks like it too! who said playgrounds are just for the kids!!

linda said...

Suzy, you sound far from senile to me. You sound like someone who has gotten their stuff together and is enjoying life to its fullest. The playground looks like fun.

M said...

When camping comes with onsite bathrooms - then camping is something I can do LOL. I remember camping with an ex-boyfriend once and we had to dig our own toilets. Not happy Jan :D

You look great on the play equipment. I love swinging now because it reminds me I can get my butt in the swing.

Hope you have a great day Suzy and hope you spill the beans on which day is your 50th :D

Em said...

Camping is great, I am sure you will have as much fun as you just did.Senile no way just enjoying life as much as you can and its great....age is merely a number. Have a great week

Thinner Nancy said...

I love camping (only if a flushable toilet somewhere!). Sounds like you had a great time.
Remember you are never to old to play on the children's playgrounds! Would be a great stress reliever I reckon

Have a great week

:o)

Philippa said...

Wow, what a wonderful holiday! You have such a zest for life, and an infectious joy about you. And you look great on the play equipment!!

a mummy losing it said...

Love that you are feeling younger, if hat isn't inspiration to get healthy, I don't know what is!

Just checked out your recipes blog and bookmarked it. Am going to make a sponge cake tomorrow!

Jaykay said...

That new camping place definitely sounds like my idea of camping. Ensuite next to the tent - fantastic idea!

Leighanne said...

You look like you had heaps of fun!!
I am with you - camping has to include a bathroom...lol

CaramelKitKat said...

I hope you know how lucky you are young lady! No brightly coloured fantasy creatures on our slides and swings, no siree. In my day, we had boring old metal play equipment. They would rust; slides leaving red marks on your dacks, swings fusing, rendered useless. No! Actually, we didn't have play equipment at all. We had to make our own fun with bits of discarded barbed wire...;op

Looks like you were having a ball. Now you just have to work up the confidence to behave like a real kid and stare the little kids down so they will get off for you!

Lucinda said...

I want one of those dino's in my backyard...hang on I have no backyard :(

CaramelKitKat said...

Where are my manners??! Thanks for your comment re my nanna, I think she's beautiful too!

Me said...

It sounds like you had a great time - good for you !
Good luck with the camping - that is something that I just can't do !!!
Have a great week !
Me