09 February 2006

Annoying purchases



From "Walk the Line" - story of the life of Johnny Cash until he married June Carter




We went to see "Walk the Line" on Tuesday night (half price night at the cinema). It was EXCELLENT. Very well done! Worth seeing (in my opinion).

I have been doing a lot of exercise this week by going back to shops with my purchases! My MP3 player was no good. It kept stopping when I was on the crosstrainer and then stopped when I was just sitting, so I took it back. The Manager gave me a "new" one, which, when I brought home to load my music, had 20 or so Rodney Rude and Kevin "B" Wilson and songs starting with fu%$ already on it! Not my type of music! Must have been a second hand one!!!! At least I left Kenny Rogers and Suzy Quatro and Smokie on the one I took back!
Anyway back to the shop I went and demanded my money back.

Great excitement today when I read the Target catalogue and they had Sanyo MP3's with a free portable CD player. Off I trotted and bought one and it is GREAT! Haven't exercised with it yet, but here's hoping! Now DH can have the CD player and listen to his music in the tent and I can have my MP3 player!
Also had to take back our camping light as it broke when we put in the globe! SO ANNOYING!
Anyway we are all set to go tomorrow lunchtime, rain, hail or shine. Forecast is mainly fine and 20 degrees, so should be OK. Although today has been awful. Dull and rainy (not cold though).

I love the winter fashions in the catalogues at the moment. Love the "old world", lacey, frilly looks. Love boleros (now known as shrugs) too! I am thinking of getting my knitting needles out soon and knitting one. I have been searching for a pattern and there are quite a few floating around the net.

Have a fun weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Kate said...

Lol, I don't know what a bolero or a shrug is - is it the same as a poncho?

CaramelKitKat said...

I admire your ability to knit and to even consider making yourself something you have seen in a shop - definately knit a bolero and I'd love to see pictures!!

M said...

LOL I remember the bolero. Made a few myself in the early 90's. Good on you for taking your purchases back. Too many people put up with poor workmanship and they keep getting away with it.

Hope the new purchase doesn't let you down..

Have a great weekend :D

Jaykay said...

Suzy I hope the sun shines for you this weekend.

Sue said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

LeisaB NewMe said...

Hey Suzy - hope you have a great time camping. I luv the mp3 players. I have an ipod shuffle and it is great. lb

Felicity said...

great to hear this movie is goodI am going to see it on Monday night withmy Mum Good for u with all this exercise. GO GIRL

Doug Bagley said...

Everything old is new again, or something like that. They say just hang on to your old clothes and in 20 years they'll be back in fashion. Those of us who have lived long enough can vouch that it's true.

Kellee said...

Wow, they just don't make 'em like they used to, do they? That's rich, coming from a 24 year old, but you know what I mean. I hope you got everything to work properly and didn't have to go back to the shops again.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend camping. Camping is one of the most under-rated things you can do for leisure - it's great fun, something different, and you can do lots of walking out there which is wonderful. Have an awesome time.

Thinner Nancy said...

I am determined to get back into the knitting this year .. may start with a nice fluffy scarf for myself.
Have an awesome weekend!

Mary said...

We are going to see Walk the Line this Tuesday. Really looking forward to it! Sucks about the purchases. I find so often that I buy something and it's dodgy but at least you can get your money back. It just makes you think twice about the brand or shop again don't it. I hope the weather turned out fine for you and I look forward to hearing about your trip :-)

Lesley said...

Hope you had a great time camping and that the new MP3 player works out OK. I love my Ipod shuffle. Great for walking on my own and when I do the vacuuming!!! I went to see Walk The Line yesterday with my Mum and also really enjoyed it. DH also wants to see it so I think I will have to again with him.Knew nothing about JC before the movie but now I've reserved his autobiography from the library. I love the shrugs and am building up quite a collection. They are great for the in between weather and really jazz up an outfit.

kathrynoh said...

I went to see Walk the Line tonight. Really enjoyed it.

Your story of the mp3 player reminded me of something that happened to a friend. She had to get her mobile replaced and the people at the shop told her the replacement was a new one - when she got it home, it had been used and had some explicit text messages on it! I'm sure they must just swap dodgy stuff with other dodgy stuff.