14 February 2006

Fish and Chips














I have been craving fish and chips for a while and I didn't want to have lots of batter and grease. We have mainly been eating sweet potato chips baked in the oven, but I felt like good old potato chips. I don't usually like frozen chips, but yesterday I found these "Light Supreme Crunch Chips" from Woolworths and decided to give them a try. I oven baked them as per instructions on the packet and they were delicious! Crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle and only 0.4g of saturated fat per 125g. (583kj, 0.4g sat fat, 3.3g total fat per 125g) I didn't measure the portions but just checked this morning for interest and DH and I ate 300g. He had a larger portion than me, so I guess I had about 125g. I rolled some flathead fillets in a small amount of flour, sprinkled on salt and pepper and shallow fried the fish in a tablespoon of olive oil. It was delicious. We had a leafy salad with it and I was really pleased with our meal of reasonably guilt-free fish and chips.



Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day with the love of your life.

7 comments:

Gabreael said...

Happy Valentines Day!
Gabreael
http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

Lucinda said...

Those chips sound nice. I usually just bake them in the oven. But it would be nice to have crispy ones once in a while.

Jodie said...

Those chips sound very nice indeed. Will definately have to look out for them. I usually buy the McCains Healthy Choice Oven Fries and have the Light Oven bake fish when I get that sort of craving. Yummo!! XX

Em said...

Ok must have a look for those chips.. Im like Jodie in thats what I normally do too. Ah thats a shame you cant see the biggest looser as I think its going to be great. Hope you have a wonderful day with your DH

Chris Powell said...

hey, hope u r well, glad u had a good camping trip. Way too cold here still to go camping. Had a little bit of snow again. But looking forward to some camping trips soon. Off to okinawa next month which are tropical islands in northern japan, cant wait.

Sounds like things are going great, have a happy valentines day.

Chris

Kate said...

Sounds like a yummy healthy treaty dinner!

Mary said...

Mmm, I love fish and chips. Will have to find those chippies, thanks.