13 February 2006

We survived!















Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS to
  • Sue
  • for her fantastic achievement in completing the Triathlon. She is an inspiration to us all!

    Secondly, how wonderful that some of our blogging friends were able to meet up and have a lovely day together. Even though most of them hadn't met before (in person), it sounds like they all had a great time. It has been fun to read about it (although it has made me very jealous, as I would love to meet everyone too).

    Lastly, yes we survived our first tenting experience. We had a lovely time. The weather was kind to us and all went well. We walked a lot, we ate quite healthily, drank lots of wine and generally had a relaxing time. I didn't realise how hot it gets in a tent during the day and the batteries in the new portable CD player melted on the first day! It is still OK though and my MP3 player is wonderful (Sanyo). Used it while on the crosstrainer this morning and had no trouble with it.

    12 comments:

    Thinner Nancy said...

    Pleased to here that camping went well! I really do enjoy camping but unfortunately don't go as often as I should!

    Hope you have a great week

    xx

    Philippa said...

    I have never been camping - unless you count sleeping in a tent in my friends backyard in Sandy Bay camping?! I think not.

    I'm glad your camping went well!

    Really want to see "Walk the Line" now, after hearing your rave review!

    Have a great week :)

    Leighanne said...

    Glad you had a great time camping - shame about the batteries though!

    Hubby is a Jonny Cash fan - so he want's to go see the movie too!

    kathrynoh said...

    Wow the camping sounds fun (and looks gorgeous). Glad to hear the new mp3 player is working well.

    Sue said...

    I find that incidental exercise always goes up when we're camping, too! Glad you had such a nice and thanks for the mention.

    Em said...

    I t can be annoying having to take stuff back, glad your camping trip went well. I have heard so many great reviews about that movie.. must go see it. Have a great week

    Julie's journey said...

    Glad you have survived your first camping experience. That movie is on my list too. If Mark doesnt see it on the plane we will go when he gets back. Hope you week is great
    Julie

    linda said...

    Glad your camping trip was fun. You are way more adventurous than I am. Everybody is raving about 'Walk the Line'. Have a great week.

    M said...

    What a beautiful photo. Glad the mp3 player survived it's first camping trip.

    And we shall meet one day. It will just take me a little longer to get there - that's all :)

    Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow

    Anne said...

    Love the photo - sounds like you had fun.

    We used to camp a lot when our children were younger.

    Have a great week:)

    Me said...

    I am glad to hear that your camping went well - rather you than me !!!
    Have a great week !
    Me

    Mary said...

    Great to hear the camping went well and *phew* glad to hear the mp3 player survived. One day we'll meet! :-)