24 February 2006

Yum, I have discovered raw beetroot!










I haven't really eaten much raw beetroot before, until lately. Since I have been buying my vegies at the Vegie Barn I have bought a few little fresh beetroots. I love it! Made up a Carrot & Beetroot salad and it was delish. (DH wasn't so sure!)

toss together :
1 small raw beetroot (peeled & grated)
2 carrots (grated)
2 tablespoons sultanas
dash of curry powder
dash of Fat free French Dressing with herbs. (1 point for the whole salad - 2 very large serves)

YUMMO!




Changing the subject from beetroot, I also tossed together these for another yummy salad:

10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
6 Kalamata olives (chopped)
8 capers
1/2 a small green capsicum (sliced)
1 small purple onion (sliced)
1/2 a teaspoon sugar
salt & pepper to taste
dash of vinegar
2 Laughing Cow Lite cheese portions (sliced) (2 points for the whole salad - 2 large serves)

We are still having so many barbecues that I need to think of lots of different salads. It is nice to have such a warm summer. All too soon we will be searching for our favourite soup recipes, so we need to make the most of the salad weather now.

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Beetroot is devine! Thanks for the recipes. There's a great book called Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins, if you would like a another more sensual beetroot experience ;-)

Have a great weekend gorgeous!

Sue said...

I'm a beetroot freak! Stains the hell out of my juicer, though!

Briony said...

I love beetroot, so i'll definitely be giving this receipe a go. Not sure how DH will cope with it though! haha
thanks, have a great weekend
Bri

Trisca said...

Look at all of us beetroot lovers come out of the pantry! *LOL*

Suzy - your Carrot and Beetroot salad sound wonderful. I'm going to give that one a go on the weekend if I can find some fresh beetroot at the fruit market.

Loving all of your recipes Suzy.. keep them coming!

Trisca.. xo

Em said...

Another thing I have never tried,, I know I love the tin beetroot lol... must give this a go too.... have a great weekend

2paw said...

Oh, I love beetroot too!! I might have to make some salad tomorrow!!!

Anne said...

I love beetroot!!! Ooops and just spying down the other comments not the only one:) Will definately try this recipe!!

Philippa said...

I am loving all your excellent recipes and ideas lately!

Keen to try this lime tart you featured the other day.

Your date scones are still my favourite though :)