09 March 2006

I wish I was away by the sea












The deck is progressing, but I wish I was somewhere else for the week. Lots of banging and mess! I know it will be worth it in the end, but I have a headache that has won't go away at the moment, so that doesn't help. Renovating and additions seem a great idea, until you are in the middle of them!

Made some green tomato pickle. Our tomatoes weren't ripening. Lots of huge green tomatoes with grubs starting to find them, so I picked them all before it was too late, and made some pickle. Yum!

Two more poems appeared in my mind!? Don't know where they are coming from, as I have never written a poem before in my life. Anyway, thought I would capture them and put them in my sidebar.

Not as hungry this week (thank goodness). I am going out to tea tonight with my old workmates, so should be fun. (If I can get rid of this headache). One dear girl now lives in Adelaide and I only see her about once a year when she comes to visit family, so it will be great to catch up.

Hope all is well in your world!

12 comments:

Mary said...

I think you may have found a new calling in the life :-) I hope you enjoy the rest of your week Sue and yep, the renos will soon be over and then you'll be really happy with the end result!

Ails said...

Sounds like you might have been a repressed poet in a past life! Good going with the poetry - I definitely like it :)

Anne said...

Yum - love Green tomato chutney. Hope you enjoyed your night out with your friends

Doug Bagley said...

Hope your headache goes away so you can enjoy your tea.
Poet, never know what talents lurk inside of you just waiting to come out.

Em said...

Hope your headache goes soon and you enjoy your night out..... have a great weekend

Philippa said...

Green tomato pickle - now there's an idea. Mine have been slow to turn red too.

Sometimes when we think and feel things very deeply the best way to get it out is through writing about it. Poetry has unbelievable power to convey emotion and move people.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Briony said...

The chutney sounds great, I guess it would be fairly low point too, I might get my old recipe out and make some tomorrow.
Hope your headache has gone.
Have a great weekend,
Bri

Leighanne said...

Green tomato pickles...my great uncle made them and they are a family favorite...there were big fights when he died about the distribution of the jars that were left in his pantry...lol,I would really apprieciate it if you could post the recipe - so I can start making it for the family:)

I love your poems!!

littlegrover said...

Hey slim suzy - you've given me some inspiration - thanks.....

Lucinda said...

Chutney! Can you freight some to my house??

Zanna said...

Just been through the reno thing - going through the Minnie Pawz thing - so felt right at home on your site. Our deck is almost finished - just up to us to do all the oiling and the electrician to connect the lights. There's a couple of pics on my blog.

Philippa said...

Where are you?! Hope all is well :)