06 May 2006

So close and yet so far

Sorry I haven't been catching up with everyone lately. As well as keeping busy, I have been very worried about those two poor blokes trapped in the mine here in Tasmania. I know there have been a lot of other disasters in other States and other parts of the World, but the plight of these two men has really touched my heart. (As you can see from my post below on the 28/4).

Hopefully they will be free tonight or tomorrow.

Take care everyone.
"Talk" to you soon.

It is now the 9th of May and Todd and Brant are safely above ground. All the hard work of the rescuers and the hopes and prayers of many people has not been in vain. It is a true miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Mary said...

All the best Suzy! I wish everyone involved the very best. Take care of yourself too.

x

Briony said...

Just heard that they won't be getting them out today. I hope the time passes quickly for them. At least they know that people are doing everything they can to get them out.
Bri

Em said...

I hope they get them out soon , it has been such a long rescue mission but thank god they were still alive. My prayers also go out to the family of Sophie Delezio, this little girl has suffered so much already to know that this has happened to her now is just so hard to believe. I am just very thankful as I watch my girls outside playing at this very minute.Hope your having a good weekend Suzie.

Slim Suzy said...

Yes, I too hope little Sophie has a speedy recovery. It is totally unfair that this has happened to her again.

Sue said...

Well, it's taken longer than anyone would have thought, but this morning they're out at last! What a relief for everyone.

Anne said...

Great news to hear they are out! Imagine how they would have been feeling all this time and also their families.

Zanna said...

Just heard a newsflash at work - what absolutely fantastic news

Em said...

Thank god they are out and safe....it truly was a miracle and to watch them as they emerged from the mine was overwhelming.

Philippa said...

Thank goodness they are safe and well, it is amazing what they have endured and survived. Kind of puts all our own little worries in perspective doesn't it?!

Take care of yourself xx

Kate said...

It's such fantastic news!! It's been on the news all night here too - yay!

Briony said...

I cried when I found out that they were rescued and above ground. How wonderful for their families. But how sad for the family of the other man who died. May he rest in peace.
Bri