28 May 2006

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou

And Thankyou again, for all the lovely 50th Birthday wishes to me.

I have had a lovely week. Since we last spoke my children gave me a beautiful pair of sapphire and diamond earrings. They are gorgeous! Yes my "kids" and the earrings.








The party is over and it is time to "de-tox"! I have had more than my share of alcohol lately and I am now going to have an alcohol-free week. I have been fairly good with food, but have certainly been eating exactly what I wanted. My weight has remained stable, no thanks to the amount of exercise I have been doing, as that has been almost non-existent. I did pull a muscle in my upper back last week during my only day at work! I carried a heavy box of patient files to the office next door where I do my typing and have certainly paid for it since. That is almost 100% now though, so no more excuses not to use my crosstrainer.

So here is the plan this week:

No Alcohol (As at Friday - so far, so good)
Lots of water
Only eat healthy food (A few twisties crept in!)
Monday - 30 mins jog on tramp (done)
Tuesday - 30 mins crosstrainer (done)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 30 mins jog on tramp (done)
Friday - 30 mins crosstrainer (done)
Saturday - 30 mins jog on tramp while watching "Knitty Gritty" (no tramp - watched Knitty and then DH and I went on our 12km walk to town and back - subway for lunch 1/2 way of course)
Sunday - 30 mins crosstrainer

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY TO MY GORGEOUS ELDEST GRAND-DAUGHTER XXXXX

10 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a truly decadent week and you deserve it! I'm sure you won't have any worries with one week's debauchery :-) Happy Birthday!

linda said...

Glad your back is almost 100%. The earrings sound gorgeous. Have a great week.

Ails said...

I'm so happy that you had a fantastic birthday week! Those earrings would have made a wonderful surprise - what a great family you had :) Good plan for the week ahead - very achieveable. Have a fantastic week, and be gentle on your back, Ails xxx

M said...

Well you only turn 50 once in a lifetime so it is great that you enjoyed it. Now back to the healthy stuff so you can have an even more hectic 60th!!!

The earings sound gorgeous :D

Em said...

What a lovely present from your children...really shines through what a loving family you all are. Hope your back is a 100% now...Hope your grandaughter had a wonderful birthday too....a teenager now :)

Sue said...

The second 50 years will be even better than the first!

Leighanne said...

Sounds like a great Birthday week!!!

michelle said...

Glad you had a wonderful week and your kids spoiled you. You deserve it.

The Lone Beader said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Suzy!! You look 'mahvelous'!!! LOL

M said...

Hey Suzy, hope this week is finding you fit and healthy and warm, boy hasn't it been cold lately. Or otherwise you have been busy taboggoning on your deck LOL.

Have a great week and hope to catch up with your news soon :D