29 June 2006

Easy scarf and hand warmers













I bought four 50g balls of Moda Dea (Richochet) yarn to knit Dear Daughter's scarf pattern. I knitted half the scarf and the yarn really didn't show the pattern well, so I have re-made the yarn into this skinny scarf and hand warmers. The scarf is only plain knitting (I used two balls knitted together, size 10mm needles and only 12 stitches so it knitted really quickly, used a total of 3 balls) and the hand warmer (which used 1 ball) pattern is
  • here


  • Very easy yarn to knit and very warm. Hopefully this will encourage me to WALK!!!!

    10 comments:

    Sue said...

    I like those handwarmers, but our climate calls for a bit more cover!

    Zanna said...

    Are you anywhere near Cradle Mountain road, Wilmot? One of the guys here retired today and has bought a property down there. His wife is already down there and he joins her next week.

    Briony said...

    Your creative skills never cease to amaze me! You are amazing. Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Bri

    Lesley said...

    It's a really cold day in Adelaide today and my weather pixie says 13 degrees. Yours says 11 degrees so I can see why you need all thse woollies. Hope they keep you warm to brave the elements.

    Ails said...

    Aren't all the wools that are available now just amazing! I went to Spotlight the other week to get a few balls for a new scarf and I was balled over with all the variety! Took me ages to decide! Have a great week Suzy!

    Julie's journey said...

    Those handwarmers are just what I need for work. Now I just have to try to remember how to crochet!
    :o)

    Leighanne said...

    I think I am going to have to learn to knit:)

    Christy_Ann said...

    Clever you! My few knitting efforts have been complete disasters! And that loaf looks fantastic. Will definitely be trying it out this weekend... :-)

    Melinda said...

    You really are clever and I am a bit envious of your cooler weather....sometimes!
    It just does not get cold enough for handwarmers and scarfs and nice woollen jumpers.
    It is 19 degrees in the middle of the day here.
    Cheers Melinda

    Melinda said...

    Opps! meant to say where I live it does not get cold enough for all the nice winter gear!!