12 June 2006

Exhausted but home safely














Here I am in Melbourne. The weather was fairly ordinary, but I was warm and cosy in my "fru fru" jacket (a bit too much fake fur, but I don't care, it is warm). We walked and walked and walked, so I was glad to sit and have a rest.

Now I am home I am feeling VERY tired. We had a good time, although I ate all the wrong things and didn't sleep very well so consequently today I am exhausted. Anyway I will rest and eat lots of vegies and I should soon recover.

I enjoyed the footy at the Telstra Dome. It is a great venue.

I couldn't make any decisions shopping so I ended up only buying a brown suede handbag. I'm happy with that though.

I am actually glad I live in a small town and don't have to contend with crowds of people and long queues for everything. I guess the long weekend made things busy too. I enjoyed the visit to Melbourne but I am glad to be home.

10 comments:

Briony said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. I'm sure you would have walked off most of your bad eating. You look great in the photo. It's a pity about the weather but it IS Melbourne after all! LOL.
Have a great week.
Bri

Christy_Ann said...

Congratulations on your recent wins! Glad you enjoyed your weekend away. And I agree with Briony - you do look fantastic in the photo.

kathrynoh said...

Wow, you must have found a rare beam of sunlight to have your photo taken in - looking fantastic :)

I agree about the crowds. I went into Myer on Friday thinking I'd beat the weekend shopper. That was a bad move... I think everyone else had the same idea!

Sue said...

What a lovely trip you had. It's always nice to get home for a rest!

Mary said...

Look at you beautiful lady! I love your jacket too :-) Sounds like it was good to do something different but I know what you mean about crowds. We went shopping too but in Sydney, it was dead quiet. Maybe because we're not used to being so damn cold up here so everyone stayed indoors? Have a great week Suzy.

Jodie said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Melbourne. Had to laugh at Bri's comment re the Melbourne weather though!!

I made your carrot & walnut loaf. One word - YUMMO!!!! I didn't have quite enough walnut for the recipe so I added some chopped dates. Absolutely delicious!!! Thanks. XX

Leighanne said...

You are looking great!!

You are sitting in front of my old place of work in the pic too:)

M said...

WOW on you winning those prizes. Fantastic. And I will continue to cross my fingers for you (and for me) that an even bigger prize is on its way to you.

And you look great in your fru fru jacket. Hope that is not your new suede bag you are sitting on LOL.

Hope you are having a lovely day :D

Zanna said...

You look great in your photo - such a dainty wee thing. Tend to forget how cold it can get in your part of Oz - am thinking it's cold here tonight - and it's probably about 16!! My Scottish blood has long thinned!
Have a great week
Z

Doug Bagley said...

"There's no place like home."