21 July 2006

Lucky Bamboo and dead fish


Here is my Lucky Bamboo plant. It is heart shaped and there are three stems for luck in love and relationships. A little bit of Feng Shui doesn't go astray sometimes.

I am not superstitious.
I just don't walk under ladders and if I see one black crow on the roadside I must search till I see another one (one for sorrow, two for joy)!






I decided to get a new plant as my mantlepiece was looking very bare because Edward (remember I bought him this time last year) and William (I had him for 2 1/2 years) have both died in the last couple of weeks. It has been way too cold for them this Winter and I have decided not to get any more Siamese Fighting Fish until the Summer. I do miss them though.


Have a lovely weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear about Edward and William! We're down to just one fish right now too. I've set up my new blog for my Extreme Makeover. I hope you come visit soon :)

Mary said...

Aww, it's sad when a pet dies. I like your idiosyncracies like the black crows because I have them too! I hoe you have been well dear Suzy :-)

Leighanne said...

I had never heard the thing about black crows - now I will keep an eye out....lol

Shame about your fish - they were so cute:)

Me said...

Congrats oin your anniversary - sounds like you had a great time !!!
Sorry to hear about the fish and love your bamboo plant.
Have a great week !
Me

Michelle said...

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the congrats on my makeover! It's really helping me to stay on track and stick to my guns.

I also wanted to share that I had never heard of the black crow superstition, but I saw a crow on my walk this morning, and kept walking until I saw another one, then kept my eyes on the road until I got home :)

Have a great week!

Ails said...

RIP Edward and William :( I, too, have never heard of the crow superstition but I'm sure it will be the first thing I think about the next time I see a crow!

M said...

It is a lovely bamboo. I think putting into practice a bit of Feng Shui never hurt either :D