27 July 2006

Simple pleasures


You know how I love gadgets!?

Well MIL came to visit today and gave me an electric egg poacher/boiler that she had bought recently and couldn't be bothered using. It boils four eggs or poaches three and when it is cooked it chirps!. I haven't had a plain boiled egg for years. DH usually has fried and I poach mine in the pan after cooking his. Anyway I just boiled an egg in my new little friend and it was delicious!
It reminded me of my Dear Mum boiling eggs for me years ago and making me little soldiers of toast to eat with it. Of course the eggs in those days were collected by my Dear Dad from his "girls" who had been fed well and produced yummy, almost orange yolked eggs.


Senility setting in? Or do I just need to get out more????

14 comments:

Sarah said...

oooh love a simple boiled egg. Tried to make some the other week with toast soldiers but I boiled it too long and there was no yummy runny yolk to dip the soldiers in.... maybe I need a chirping egg cooker!

kathrynoh said...

That is so cute. I'd be cooking eggs all day to hear it chirp!

Mary said...

Bwahaha, that's sounds like fun. I used to like soft boiled eggs when I was younger too.

Kate said...

Hehe that egg thing is so cute! Amelia would love that - she'd eat eggs all day if I let her.

Briony said...

I love it - how quirky!!
Bri

Ails said...

Oh wow, an Eggo!!!

I've got one of those and love it! Me thinks I'll fire it up tomorrow morning for brekkie :) I love a good googie!

littlegrover said...

Oh I want one - I am so bad at cooking eggs - I always think it is unfair so say someone such a bad cook they can't even boil an egg! This is a fairly precise art and unfortunately one I have never perfected. Enjoy!

Anne said...

The gadget queen! Sounds like one that would be quite useful though!!

Leighanne said...

He is so cute - I want one!!

I have chooks, they have just started laying - and I have been having yummy eggs for breaky:)

Doug Bagley said...

Hey, I'm finally back online and will have a fresh post this Monday as usual. Thanks for your patience.

Christy_Ann said...

Love the story about your Dad. He sounds like a sweetie.

Hear me ROAR said...

That is really cool...

I love gadgets too, but I don't have the space for them!

Thoughtful said...

My mum had an egg cooker years ago that whistled when it was done, it was rather plain though, not egg shaped with little chicken legs onit like yours!

I love gadgets too but my kitchen is small so I have only the bare basics (we don't even own a toaster!)

Happy Egging! :)

shinyruby said...

well now that you have admitted your ownership of an egg cooker, i can admit that i've ALWAYS wanted to get one!

: )

i like it!