28 August 2006

10,000 steps


OK, my pedometer is on for 10,000 exercise steps a day until the Burnie 10. We are also doing a Fun/Run/walk at Brighton two weeks before Burnie. I haven't been well for the last few days. I am fighting off a cold. Hopefully it won't get me.

I have been knitting with cotton. Thanks to
  • Cindy
  • for the inspiration I've been knitting face/washcloths. Very addictive knitting I must say. Nice and easy and small enough to finish quickly and feel satisfied that something has been achieved.
    Here is a pic of one of them.














    P.S. Good luck to
  • Jodie
  • Hope all goes well for her and can't wait to hear the exciting news.

    9 comments:

    littlegrover said...

    Hey Suzy, love the 10,000 steps a day idea - the pedometer is a great way to keep the motivation high!

    Hope you fight that cold off!

    Mary said...

    10,000 steps is the best thing I ever heard when I started my weight loss journey and helped me lose the weight! I hope you can fight off that cold too, don't push yourself too much until you're better.

    2paw said...

    Oh, your wash cloth is so lovely!! I think they are the perfect thing to knit : they can have a hard pattern or an easy one and you really can whip one up, and that leads to a great feeling of satisfaction!!! Wow!! Good luck with all the Burnie 10 Training. I ma fascinated every year by the people they follow on TV. It is my 'reality' TV show!!! Hope you feel better soon, and thank you for the most excellent comment you left!!!

    kathrynoh said...

    Wowsers - great knitting.

    I've never been able to find a pedometer that works for me - not sure if the problem is me or the pedometer!

    Good luck fighting off that cold, pesky things they are.

    Leighanne said...

    Hope you are feelin much better:)

    I love the knitting, I wish I was crafty:)

    Good luck with your 10,000 steps!

    Anne said...

    I've got out my pedometer once more, they really do keep you moving!!

    Hear me ROAR said...

    I really need to use my pedometer!! It is a great way to get a goal achieved and exercise!!

    I have been meaning to learn how to knit lol My mum keeps telling me I should start with those washcloths!

    Briony said...

    I love how crafty you are! I wish I could be more like you. I need to find my pedometer too, now where did I leave it .....????
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Bri

    Ails said...

    Hope you have recovered from your cold Darl. The 10000 steps sounds like a fantastic idea, great way to keep in shape for the fun runs! Very cute facetowels, btw. I love seeing the stuff you knit!